Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export ohne abgedeckte Schrift und Objekte

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moinsen Community,

ich hätte da gerne ein kleines Problem. Ich habe einige mehrseitige (600-1000) PDFs die bearbeitet werden müssen. Fast ausschließlich Tabellen, ich habe ein schönes Import-Skript, alles gut.

Ich muss mit einer "Maske" (also letzendlich einer weißen Fläche) bestimmte Bereiche abdecken, damit diese Infos auch nicht mehr im neuen Dokument zu sehen sind. Sind immer an der gleichen Stelle, macht auch ein Skript, ist auch nicht das Problem.

Mein Problem ist, das diese Infos nach dem Export in ein neues PDF auch nicht mehr vorhanden sein dürfen. D.h. die Information hinter dieser Maske muss aus dem neuen PDF getilgt und nicht wiederherstellbar sein. Weder über AdobeDC, Illustrator oder andere Dinge.

Kann ich das über den Export regeln? Kann ich das überhaupt regeln? OCR etc. pp. brauchts im Endprodukt nicht mehr.

Bestes
M

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Sorry. It kind of says it in the initial Post. But I see how this could be misunderstood in translation.

By @Zuzey

Right, sorry.

RobertatIDTasker_0-1725469399961.png

RobertatIDTasker_1-1725469481071.png

PDF attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, this can be done via a script that deletes or otherwise obfuscates the undesired elements automatically upon exporting to PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it probably should be easier to take a second step and use AdobeDCs Redact function.
Was wondering if I could skip that, but I'm not sure how I'd put that in a script.

Thx anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zuzey

Does the contents still need to be a vector?

What kind of information do you need to cover? Can you post a sample screenshot? 

By "the same place" you mean same place on the page / spread? Or always header of the table? 

Either way - perfectly doable through scripting - as long as you'll supply more info - and some screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just text that needs to be covered.

Screenshot is no option because it's classified. Just imagine a table where some of the table elements need to be hidden, the elements are always on the same spot on the page. Therefore I was able to automate placing a cover over these elements after importing the PDFs. This is all done by script.

The final document does not need to be OCRd or vector or anything. I wouldnt even care if it was a jpg placed in a pdf container ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to "hide" only text? Whole cell or just a few words? 

It would really help to see a screenshot - it would save us a lot of time... 

If it's a whole cell - delete its contents. 

If it's just a word / few words - get first and last InsertionPoint of each word - and insert Rectangle of this size. If word is hyphenated - two separate rectangles. 

Or simply "scramble" the text - replace each letter with some random letter - but this will reflow text. 

Possibilities are endless... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting a Screenshot of this to the internet is the easiest possibility for me to get a) jailed and b) in debt for the rest of my life ^^

To make myself clear. This is a PDF Placed in In-Design. So there is no editing of the content, its no open table or anything. This is is why I built a mask to cover what is supposed to be covered. If I had an InDesign-Doc with a table, I ofc could just change or delete the content, but this is not the case.

So. Content is covered with a simple vector shape with white filling. All this. PDF-Import, placement of the pages, placement of the mask already is automated with a script. Not a problem at all. What I need is the mask to "overwrite" the content behind it during export. I need it to be gone. So that anybody opening the new PDF with Illustrator or AdobeDC cannot retrieve it.

Just like the redact funktion of DC would do with "sanitize". Which is why I am using this as workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zuzey

You've never said anything about your "content" being an imported PDF - that changes everything. 

I'm 99.99% positive, that I've the solution for your case - but i need to check it first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. It kind of says it in the initial Post. But I see how this could be misunderstood in translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Zuzey

Right, sorry.

RobertatIDTasker_0-1725469399961.png

RobertatIDTasker_1-1725469481071.png

PDF attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

One fewer step in the workflow to attend to.
Thx very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines