• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with reinstalling Creative Suite 6 Premium

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to reinstall my Adobe Design & Web CS6 (registered, s/n shown on my account) on a new computer with Windows 11, it shows a message that the number has been invalidated. Why? What is going on? Tom

TOPICS
Import and export , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever it is, nobody here can help. You'll need to contact Adobe directly and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't count on much in the way of help with this. That software is 12 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tomasz33287559icet

Invalidated or number of uses exceeded?

Nieważny czy raczej, że zainstalowany na zbyt dużej liczbie stanowisk? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registered number serial is still visible on my account after logging in.

Interesting that I don't have the possibilty to deactivate CS6 on my old computer (Windows 10) - the same message: invalidated.

No contact with Adobe Support simply by email ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tomasz33287559icet Was it a student/education version? I've seen reports of those versions being deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it wasn't a student/education version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tomasz33287559icet:

There is a chat icon on the lower right of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. Note that the product has long since reached end-of-life, which means Adobe no longer provides support on it. The agent may be able to help with this issue, or not.

I know the subscription model rankles people but look‚ you successufully held off for a quite a while. It's probably time to subscribe or find an acceptable alternative.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why, under what law, Adobe prevents me from reinstalling a legally purchased program that is (perhaps) obsolete for that company. For me, it isn't. All the features I use work fine. In my opinion, better than in Affinity Publisher 2.5 and Viva Designer 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tomasz33287559icet Licensing agreements you accepted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why, under what law, Adobe prevents me from reinstalling a legally purchased program...

By @Tomasz33287559icet

In addition to all the other comments, you're attempting to install your 12-year-old software on today's machine with the most recent operating system, which your software doesn't support. As far as I understand, InDesign CS6 is still successfully running on your old machine. You can still keep using it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know (it is first-hand message), that Adobe CS6 Premium also runs smoothly under Windows 11, I saw it. So the problem is not with the Windows 11 operating system. Adobe for some reason, that I don't know, prevents me from installing this software on my new computer. The ”machine” during the chat claims that there is no S/N on my account, and I see it all the time (as yet). Strange, isn't it? 

The claim that Adobe CS6 is outdated is unfounded, in my opinion. I use Affinity Publisher 2.5.2, have access to QuarkXPress 2023 and Viva Design 11 and can compare them. So I don't see the need to update to a “newer” version of Adobe InDesign especially since it is only available as a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I sympathize with you, I'll repeat my earlier response...nobody here can help you. You're at the mercy of Adobe's support people. If the level one support can't / won't help, insist on elevating it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advise is usually "If you want to use old software, use an equally old OS. Don't upgrade!"

Even if Adobe didn't shut down the old authorization servers, modern computers will have problems. Macs won't be able to run it at all; Windows 11 has problems. May not be worth it in the long run. 

Maybe you can downgrade your OS?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to avoid it on Win 11--looks like trouble:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/installed-cs6-on-windows-11-machine-now-...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines