• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed CS6 on Windows 11 Machine, Now System Refuses to Boot to Windows

Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently needed to install CS6 Production Premium on my Windows 11 system.  Install went fine for all apps, but I did notice it installing MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributables, and wondered if that would be an issue.  Everything seemed fine, and my system was running perfectly.  However, I went to restart it a day or so later and Windows 11 refuses to launch in anything but Safe Mode. 

I have tried all the automatic repair features, booted into Safe Mode and removed CS6 as well as all the Visual C++ runtimes it installed, but nothing works.  I have run chkdks, system repair tools, even restore point ... everything fails.  This is a weird one.

Has anyone else had this (or similar) issue and/or know how I might go about getting Win11 fixed without having to do a new install and/or wipe?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

you should reinstall win 11, but you can try cleaning cs6 from your computer, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

I had this same problem with attempting to install on my Win 11 Pro laptop yesterday. Tried all sorts of remedies, but ended up having to reset and reinstall Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

the photography plan (which includes the current ps designed to work with win 11) is the least expensive adobe plan ($10/mo). 

https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Officially CS6 is not supported on Windows 11, but this sounds more like a serious Windows issue that potentially coincided with the installation, whether or not the installation is directly responsible for this or triggered this. This is especially true if your restore point is prior to the installation and that is not fixing it. You could try going back to earlier restore points on your system, or trying to run system updates to see if there are later versions available that could potentially repair, but I think you are close to a point of backing up your important files and re-installing windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ben.  Yes, the Restore Point is a day before, but for whatever reason refuses to work.  (To be honest, I don't think I have EVER had restore points work, or work well, since they were conceived of by MS) and usually just relied on my incremental images of my system. (Unfortunately, I hadn't implemented a backup system on this new build as of yet.)  Also, interestingly enough, there are no other restore points either. 

And I agree, it is looking more and more that way, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben i just bought a new Dell Laptop and it has Windows 11.  My old computer i bought from a work years ago has Photoshop CS6.  The Old computer still works but is very sluggish and slow.  What is new version I can buy that will have similar features as CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photography plan (which includes the current ps designed to work with win 11) is the least expensive adobe plan ($10/mo). 

https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should reinstall win 11, but you can try cleaning cs6 from your computer, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, kglad ... yeah, I wanted to do that, but the link to CS cleaner no longer exisits.  And the one you reference above is for CC.  Will the CC cleaner work on just the CS stuff, just the CC stuff, or wipe both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll get the option to clean cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks!  It's worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you install and run with compatibility mode (win 7, i think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not, no.  It ran without issue and removed some registry entries (that's about it I think.)  In any case, system is really hosed now since I tried something else.  It is looking like a full wipe at this point.  Unbelieveable.  I MIGHT try installing CS6 right after the new install to see what happens, that way I can see if it really is CS6 or there was some other issue (i.e. failed Windows update/conflict, etc.)  Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although ... it looks like Tedang did exactly that, and had a similar, if not identical, result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they didn't use the recommended compatibility mode: Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.

now, i do not know if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, thanks.  Might be a while, but I will report back what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue after a full Win 11 wipe & update, tried installing CS6, even in Win 8 compatability mode running as admin. Computer will shut down, and can start, but will not restart? This happened a few times so I had made a restore point and yeah, it's something with either Adobe CS6 or C++ Redistributables. I'm on a Microsoft Surface Book 2. Not sure how to solve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue after a full Win 11 wipe & update, tried installing CS6, even in Win 8 compatability mode running as admin. Computer will shut down, and can start, but will not restart? This happened a few times so I had made a restore point and yeah, it's something with either Adobe CS6 or C++ Redistributables. I'm on a Microsoft Surface Book 2. Not sure how to solve...

By @tedang

If you are running into the same issues with the same type of computer it might be possible there is no fix and it might be time to upgrade. Imagine trying to put a part from a scrapyard from a 2013 car into a 2023 version of the same car and trying to make it work. That's what you are doing with a 10 year old version of software. At some point you may have to upgrade to a suitable replacement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's, at least, one person that reported no problem with a win 10 to win 11 upgrade and then cs6 install.  that's not the same as a win 11 and cs6 install, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did receive a couple errors during installation. Seems related to this CS6 and Win 11 Install Issues with PxHIpa64.sys - Adobe Support Community - 13460617

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that op got it solved. can you duplicate their solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link was key for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem with attempting to install on my Win 11 Pro laptop yesterday. Tried all sorts of remedies, but ended up having to reset and reinstall Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines