• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online | Extremely slow | InDesign 17.4

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since a couple of days loading of our published documents is extremely slow. Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, is this an Adobe server issue? Maintenance? Docs that were previously loading in a sec now take almost ten to half a minute to load... Fingers crossed this is temporarily and quickly resolved.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi All, 

The fix has been deployed and the issue stands resolved, as confirmed by multiple community members. Feel free to create a new thread if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 352 Replies 352
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StudioFerz ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening on a specific browser or multiple browsers?
  4. Could you please share a sample published link?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• InDesign 17.4
• Multiple files
• Multiple Browsers (tested Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
• Samples:
https://indd.adobe.com/view/95f91660-36a0-4bc4-8c22-bdf8bd200eb7
https://indd.adobe.com/view/9afb1001-a75b-4f45-a45b-36bcaf94aebd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari,

There is something going on at the backend it seems. Suddenly there has been a spurt in issues regarding slowness of Publish Online. I am linking some other threads complaining about this same issue. If multiple users are complaining about the same thing at the same time then it looks like something beyond what they did or control

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/terrible-performance-using-publish-online/td-p/1...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/slow-loading-of-publish-online-documents/td-p/13...

If possible please get this to the attention of InDesign Engineering team.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Manan Joshi for pointing out others with the same issue. Hopeful that this can be resolved soon. 🤞@Rishabh_Tiwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StudioFerz @Manan Joshi 

Thanks for sharing the details. I'll reproduce this issue on our end and will highlight this with the Engineering team. I'll update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishahb,

I suspect this has nothing to do with version/os, it's another of Adobe's random changes made with no consultation whatsoever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I tried it in different browsers and sent it also to people. We all have the same issue. Its lloading very very sow. The upload works normal but the file doesnt load online. what can I do? I need to send work projects out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue.

1. It's takes forever to prepare to publish
2. Once published the link keeps on loading and we can't see the slides. You can dowload the pdf put for the interactive elements it's of no use.

It happens with multiple files. The browser doesn't matter.

I'm using the latest version 17.4 as well.

Please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. This needs to be resolved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StudioFerz @Nick26404198lrxl @Pelican25272736ahqp @Manan Joshi @Martina2417454549ke ,

A bug has been logged to investigate this further, I'll share more information here as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rishabh_Tiwari for taking this to the appropriate audience within Adobe. @Nigey-LTA I voted your post on uservoice. Interestingly I made a post on the same issue several hours ago and was notified that it's under review, I thought once it passes the review I would post its link but it seems the post got lost in the system, no notification so far. Anyhow, now that a bug has been logged all thanks to @Rishabh_Tiwari lets hope we get a solution soon, fingers crossed.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,
I find that Adobe’s support are desperate to close cases, even doing it
when issues aren’t sorted. I’ve resorted to the original case number for
when I reported the slow doc opening issue months ago.
Thanks for your intervention, can’t understand why nobody at Adobe seems
bothered. As someone having ceased print magazine production (using
Indesign), having moved to digital, am finding Publish Online a really
brilliant solution for my business. But the support is really awful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Still issues on my end as well ever since August. Cannot access any analytics atm.

Link to the other posts:

Re: Publish online dashboard loading issues - Adobe Support Community - 13165252

Re: Publish Online Analytics updated dashboard won... - Adobe Support Community - 13172394

Thank you for looking into it, will follow this post 🙂

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hln88 

Thanks for sharing the link. We have logged the bug and I'll update the information on this thread, so please stay tuned to this discussion.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the new Publish Online Dashboard? The layout has changed (to dark colours, etc).

In this 'new version' however, I'm experiencing more loading issues. I can't seem to load certain numbers and if it works it is slower than usual. 

See image blow for the message I keep getting when it does not want to load.

It also seems like the 30 days analytics work, but the 'since published' not.

Hln88_0-1661778209127.png

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end on InDesign 17.4 and macOS Monterey and it's working fine, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign and macOS.
  2. Browser used? Have you tested on a different browser?
  3. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?

We're here to help, just need more details.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I too use InDesign 17.4. I just set it back to 17.3 but that doesn't work as well.

I use the latetst update of Windows.

I tested in Microsoft Edge and safari.

It happens with all files. I however have 400 documents. From what I notice is that the 30 or maximum 90 days sometimes work, but all longer periods not. 

I also tested with my 4G internet instead of the Wifi..

It just seems like it's loading too long and afterwards it gives the 'someting went wrong' message.

It is both for documents of 1 page and of 100 pages.

I always had some issues with the dashboard: sometimes I needed to reload many times or reopen the browser before it worked. But once it worked I could easily see the analytics of all documents...

Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version isn't working as well for me either.

It is much slower to load, and I cannot use end/pagedown or my autoscrolling script to scroll down, which means I spend a lot of time manually scrolling to show all of my documents. 

I am using InDesign 17.3
The scrolling/loading issues are present on Opera 90 and Chrome 105.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Is this issue followed up? It's been one month and still does not work.

See also other post: Re: Publish Online Analytics updated dashboard won... - Adobe Support Community - 13172394

Thank you for looking into this,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, getting the black screen also, where it says no document found - it's awful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new dashboard with date range options will no longer update 'since published' stats for us.
This used to be the norm. All stats since published. And now those stats wont work after 2 days of trying.
You seem to have made this update to relieve pressure on your servers perhaps? But its now not working at all apart from within 30 day range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

• Sign out of InDesign and Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  • Close CoreSync and all Adobe-related services from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  • Reboot the machine.
  • Sign back in on the Creative Cloud Desktop app and launch InDesign from there and check again.

If this doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Have you tested this on different browsers?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks, but this does not work.
Im on Indesign 17.0.1. Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. Safari 15.4
Before any requests to update to latest version of anything I have tried other browsers and colleagues with the very latest updates to indesign and mac os get the same problem.
This is a Adobe Publish Online dashboard server issue and def not related to our software. Nobody has been able to get full stats since date published or even for 1 year since the dashboard update.
This is a problem as obvisouly some clients require these stats ongoing.
Any further help or fixes appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this issue followed up?? 

I am having the same issues since late August: see post Re: Publish online dashboard loading issues - Adobe Support Community - 13165252

It's really urgent to get the numbers to clients.

Defintely not a software issue as Russ mentioned, I tried a lot as well. Also signed out and in etc.

Thank you for the response,

Helen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines