• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick way or script to update all objects to default style/size?

Participant ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have various styles for text and dimension lines (line with two arrow heads) and I run into this problem a lot where I have dimensioned a rendered image but then decide I want to scale the image (along with the dimension lines and text, in order to maintain their position relative to the image), so I grab everything and scale as needed. But then I need shift click on each dimension line and then right-click on the object style to called "Dimension Line+" in order to get all the dimension lines to go back to the default 0.5pt thickness that's built into the default version "Dimension Line" style. I have to repeat the same process for getting all the text to go back to the default size of the "Dimension Text", style. But is there a simple way to just make EVERYTHING selected revert back to the default value in the style they were associated with before they became "+" custom versions? 

In 3D Engineering programs like SolidWorks or AutoCAD, this is easily handled with a Paper Space layout where text and lines will always stay locked to a certain size even when you scale up the view/image they are connected to, so I'm looking for function in InDesign to handle this.

Thanks for any help on this.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

In the Utiities > Scripts > Community Scrpts you find a Script toremove all overrides. If you activate the Object Styles you can either choose an Object Style or all to reset all overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Utiities > Scripts > Community Scrpts you find a Script toremove all overrides. If you activate the Object Styles you can either choose an Object Style or all to reset all overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah thanks @Willi Adelberger , works perfectly, just what I was looking for!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines