Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove border from selected item in ScriptUI dialog

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is trivial, but it bothers me ...

If I click on an item, there is a gray dotted border around the selected item. See Selection 3 in the image attached.

How can I eliminate this.

I tried
Ckbx_Note3 = Panel01.add("checkbox", [10, 5, 300, 20], " Selection 3","borderless: true"); and it didn't work.

Uploads don't seem to be working for me.  

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paste screenshot in the contents of your post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me. I tried copying to the clipboard and pasting - nothing happened.  I tried clicking insert Picture and it said there was an error uploading the file. I tried adding the .jpg as an attachment and it said "Uploading" but it never finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me.

By @Marshall_Brooks

As a last resort, you can upload your screenshot somewhere and post a link to the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/no-response-required.331584/ - See the dotted border around Selection 3. That's what I'd like to eliminate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marshall_Brooks , Looks like you have a nested panel? Show all the dialog code, or try this:

// DIALOG
var dialog = new Window("dialog"); 
    dialog.text = "Set Conditional Text"; 
    dialog.preferredSize.width = 200; 
    dialog.alignChildren = ["left","top"]; 

// PANEL1
var panel1 = dialog.add("panel", undefined, undefined, {name: "panel1"}); 
    panel1.orientation = "column"; 
    panel1.alignChildren = ["left","top"]; 

var checkbox1 = panel1.add("checkbox", undefined, undefined, {name: "checkbox1"}); 
    checkbox1.text = "Selection 1"; 
    checkbox1.preferredSize.width = 200; 

// GROUP1
var group1 = dialog.add("group", undefined, {name: "group1"}); 
    group1.preferredSize.width = 200; 
    group1.alignChildren = ["left","center"]; 

// PANEL2
var panel2 = group1.add("panel", undefined, undefined, {name: "panel2"}); 
    panel2.orientation = "column"; 
    panel2.alignChildren = ["left","top"]; 

var checkbox2 = panel2.add("checkbox", undefined, undefined, {name: "checkbox2"}); 
    checkbox2.text = "Selection 2"; 
    checkbox2.preferredSize.width = 200; 

var checkbox3 = panel2.add("checkbox", undefined, undefined, {name: "checkbox3"}); 
    checkbox3.text = "Selection 3"; 
    checkbox3.preferredSize.width = 200; 

var checkbox4 = panel2.add("checkbox", undefined, undefined, {name: "checkbox4"}); 
    checkbox4.text = "Selection 4"; 
    checkbox4.preferredSize.width = 200; 

dialog.show();

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day Your code is much more elegant than mine, but it has the same issue I was referring to.

If you run your code and click any of the selections, there will be a dotted border around the selected item. I want to get rid of that border.

If it helps, I posted a new screenshot to the Access Programmers thread linked above.

There may not be any way to disable it, and if not, I can live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run your code and click any of the selections, there will be a dotted border around the selected item. I want to get rid of that border.

Im not seeing that here on OSX

Screen Shot 25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - maybe it's a Windows issue. I'm using Windows 11, but I suspect previous versions had the issue. I'm seeing it in FM 15, but I would expect it in FM 17 as well and in the screenshot, I saw it in ESTK CC.

(I should have mentioned earlier - I'm working in FrameMaker, but the InDesign board seems to have more knowledge of ScriptUI issues.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting . I'm seeing it in FM 15, but I would expect it in FM 17 as well and in the screenshot, I saw it in ESTK CC.

(I should have mentioned earlier - I'm working in FrameMaker, but the InDesign board seems to have more knowledge of ScriptUI issues.)

By @Marshall_Brooks

In FileMaker, we can, fortunately, disable this ugly border since version 6 or 7. it's somewhere in the preferences or layout options. I always found this border ultra annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leo.r  I'm assuming FileMaker was a typo and you intended FrameMaker. Also, I'm not sure we are talking about the same border.

I'm not seeing a preferences option that seems like it would do this. Also - it only seems to happen in ScriptUI dialogs. I.e. if I open the FrameMaker Edit>Preferences menu and select/deselect an option, I do NOT see a dotted border around the option that I just changed. It works there the way I would like my ScriptUI dialog to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leo.r  I'm assuming FileMaker was a typo and you intended FrameMaker. Also, I'm not sure we are talking about the same border.

By @Marshall_Brooks

Oops sorry for the confusion!

I did mean FileMaker.

When I see "FM" my brain automatically expands it to FileMaker. The same brain didn't pay attention when you did mention FrameMaker in full later. 

Plus, the version numbers also look similar. 

Anyway, the solution for the ugly border I mentioned is for FileMaker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. As you said "Since FrameMaker v6 or V7 " could be valid also so I thought it was a typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be the focus highlight as of accessability?

E.g. when you use the tab or alt+tab key, would it wander around?

You could either fight it from that side, or maybe add some padding, margins or whatever the appropriate mechanism to give the actual widget more room.

A quick Google search hints to "Settings > System > Focus assist", I did not try whether it applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-focus-assist-in-windows-11.1351/ - however, I did notice that if I press Tab, it goes to the next checkbox.

I also searched @Peter Kahrel 's excellent guide for Script UI for things like "Selection", "Border", "Focus", but I could have easily missed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this problem in Windows 10. Maybe it's something to do with Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Kahrel - Interesting. I don't remember seeing it before but I was working on a new script and I see it in my older scripts also. I think at the time I was just excited that the scripts that I wrote worked.

I opened FrameMaker 15 in Windows Server 2012 (which is based on Windows 8) and I see it there.  I also opened FrameMaker 17 in Windows 11 and I see it there also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you run it from another Adobe app—Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you run it from another Adobe app—Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator?

By @rob day

Probably, but I can't say for sure. It happens in ExtendScript ToolKit. I only have FrameMaker installed locally. I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator through Citrix on a server, but I'm not sure how to launch ESTK or run scripts from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop save the script as a plain text file with .jsx extension, and copy it to your Photoshop>Presets>Scripts folder. Restart PS and it should show under File>Scripts where you can run:

Screen Shot 29.pngScreen Shot 30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting ...

I saved @rob day script that was posted above and then browsed to it and ran it. It does NOT happen in Adobe Photoshop CS5 (32 or 64-bit) under Windows Server 2012. It DOES happen in Adobe Illustrator CS5 under Windows Server 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines