• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove QR Code Border

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some undocumented, easy way to get rid of the border around InDesign-generated QR codes? That border makes it a huge pain to align with other items, and it's so time consuming to resize the object box perfectly. How easy it would be to simply turn off the borders! Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

The transparent edge? No, not that I know of. Are they always the same size? You might play with sizing and then save it as an object style.

~Barb

2023-06-12_12-17-14 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What border?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "border" do you mean the (usually) white space around the grid?

That's not there from sloppiness or an arbitrary aspect of ID's generator. QR codes must have a dead zone around them to facilitate quick and accurate reads. It's a defined part of the standard. 

You're free to remove them in PS or by cropping, but unless you preserve something like it in your layout, the code may be annoying to use. 

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This I know, and that's what I currently do — and I layout my work to accomodate required space, thus rendering the built-in white space unnecessary. I'd much prefer to have the code image snap to the margin as opposed to the white border snapping.

I'm going to assume there's no clean way to elimiate this outside of the manual methodologies.

Image 6-12-23 at 1.07 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is using a guideline not a workable option?

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transparent edge? No, not that I know of. Are they always the same size? You might play with sizing and then save it as an object style.

~Barb

2023-06-12_12-17-14 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha — I will look into that! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines