• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequential numbering for calendar + more questions

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am creating a calendar for my planner and wondering if I can create a sequential numbering instead of manually entering the dates?

The calendar is made of lines not a table as it's more flexible for me to design, However, my computer will become very slow when there're too many layers. I wonder if creating a table would improve the performance? Also there's is a list/ notes on the side, I wonder if table could do that too? I am just curious how would you create a calendar + a list on the side if you were me. Thanks in advance 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 12.03.54 am.png

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Table is the way to go

I insert a blank line and set the leading to 0 

Then use Automatic Numbering

You then copy the first cell

Select the rest and paste

This puts automatic numbering per cell.

Now you just need to delete the text in the cells for the start date to start at 1 on the right day.

Delete the text in the cells for end date to finish on the correct day.

Typically go for a 6 deep rows

1. Days of week
  2. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  3. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
  4. 15 16 17 18 19 20
  5. 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
  6. 30

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the very comprehensive Calender Wizard. It's free for personal use, and very reasonably priced for commerical use. 

I just checked, and it works fine in InDesign 2022. You can allow space for your notes column by creating a text frame the size of your desired calendar area. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 8.36.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Table is the way to go

I insert a blank line and set the leading to 0 

Then use Automatic Numbering

You then copy the first cell

Select the rest and paste

This puts automatic numbering per cell.

Now you just need to delete the text in the cells for the start date to start at 1 on the right day.

Delete the text in the cells for end date to finish on the correct day.

Typically go for a 6 deep rows

1. Days of week
  2. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  3. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
  4. 15 16 17 18 19 20
  5. 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
  6. 30 31

This gives you enough so that you don't have to loop or split cells for the calendar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I think your suggestion will work better in my case, but where can I find Automatic Numbering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a try and this method just blows my mind. Thanks for your help mate!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2 numbered bullet character styles for this purpose - the first day of each month set to 'start at 1', the rest to continue from the previous number. That means each year you only need to alter twelve styles and the rest flows. Sadly you will need at least a table (or flowing text frames) to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calendar Wizard is indeed a great tool for this task. But I prefer a simple look similar to https://www.123calendars.com/blank-calendar.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right. I usually download from here (https://www.freeprintcalendars.com/) as well. Because it allows me to keep track of local holidays too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a good day.

2024-calendar-free-printable-with-holidays-a4-black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone! I’m Aria Jones, the founder and graphic designer of Vibe Calendar. At 23, I specialize in graphic design, focusing on creating professional designs for calendars, planners, to-do lists, and various templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines