• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabs panel the tab markers are not clickable or dragable

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new inDesign user and am trying to format a table of contents.  For the life of me I cannot get the Tabs panel to work.  Please help, what am I doing wrong?Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.46.28 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Make sure you have the correct layer, with the type on, selected and/or unlocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeekASaBoo  wrote

For the life of me I cannot get the Tabs panel to work.  Please help, what am I doing wrong

Without more information, it would be trial-and-error guesswork to imagine what you may be doing wrong.

It will be easier to help if you would post step-by-step details of your objectives, the exact sequence of actions you take in your attempts to achieve them, and how the result differs from what you need or expect.

Set tabs and indents in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's looks like you're almost there. (1) It looks like you have tab characters in each in line, and (2) you've selected the text you want to set the tab alignment.

Next (shown below), (3) click the tab alignment icon you want—probably align right. Then (4) drag just above the ruler to the alignment point, or type a number in the X field, I chose 4 inches.

Tabs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In addition to what Steve said, if you want the tab marker to be at the end of the text frame, one way is to zoom out to see the entire frame, then click the magnet (circled) to re-align the tab ruler.

If you need a dot leader, keep the marked selected and click in the text box for Leader. You can have up to eight characters.

Jane

DB8CD4A6-8E5F-4773-87FB-43687F2D0479.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me on more than one occasion.

Make sure you have the correct layer, with the type on, selected and/or unlocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PeekASaBoo ,

I'd suggest using special character Right Indent Tab instead of Tab.

Just do Shift + Tab to get this.

Right Indent Tab vs Tab:

RightIndentTab-vs-Tab.PNG

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines