Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Transparent background TIF not working anymore. InDesign adding white background fill.

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, with the latest update of InDesign, transparent backgrounds don't seem to be working any longer. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Photoshop or InDesign.

I have a photoshop file that I am trying to import as a tranparent tif. (I've done this a thousand times before. The files I had before the latest updates all work fine. They came in as expected. No white backgrounds.)

NOW, I can't get a transparent background to work at all. The tif file is saved without any background (same as before). It looks exactly like the previous import but when I bring it into InDesign, suddenly there's a white background. This is so annyoing and I can't get rid of it unless I use clipping paths. Suddenly we've gone backwards again.  What the hell has changed? Why doesn't this work any longer? Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I figured it out. There is an extra step now to "Select transparency" when saving images in Photoshop. So a tranparent image isn't tranparent now unless you check this off. Good grief! Every time there's an update, something that was working perfectly fine, changes.

Adobe, you guys are a bunch of Jokers! I love it when little things change in workflow. Especially when the pressure is on. Good Job!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency has always been an option when saving TIFs in Photoshop for as long as I can remember!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user-to-user forum, you are not addressing Adobe on here?

Re your issue, why don't you Place a native PSD file in your InDesign document?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines