Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with presentation mode

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,
since the last update for InDesign I have problems with the presentation mode. Every time I use it, the surface/window is changed to the maximum size.
(Example: InDesign window = half screen -> CMD + W -> Indeisgn covers the whole screen).

Before the update this was not an issue,

now it is really annoying, because I have to adjust the window again after every "CMD+W"!

Can anyone confirm that they also have this problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

I ran into this in my hopes of figuring this annoyance as well... But I found the solution and wanted to share (hopefully it works for everyone else as well). 

1. Open your document (Make sure to just have one Indd file open right now). 

2. Hit Shift W to go into preview mode then again to go back, just to check that it does indeed shift or re-size after going back to working view

3. Align your page to exactly where you want it positioned

4. Close (but not quit) that document. There should be no fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this in my hopes of figuring this annoyance as well... But I found the solution and wanted to share (hopefully it works for everyone else as well). 

1. Open your document (Make sure to just have one Indd file open right now). 

2. Hit Shift W to go into preview mode then again to go back, just to check that it does indeed shift or re-size after going back to working view

3. Align your page to exactly where you want it positioned

4. Close (but not quit) that document. There should be no files open, just that "Welcome to InDesign" screen

5. Now quit InDesign

6. Reopen and test it out.

Hopefully this helps/works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually seems to be a good temporary work around. It worked correctly
as you explained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked! I was on the edge of a mental breakdown because of this bug. It's so annoying, should be fixed by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a savior! This worked for me as well, thank you so much 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix you could try (the other solutions didn't work for me): in the InDesign preferences, I changed the “UI sizing” option.

1. Open the preferences
  2. Go to “User Interface Scaling”
  3. Change the “UI scaling” option (a step up or down?)
  4. Save the pereferences and restart InDesign as suggested
  5. Open a document, go in and out of presentation made and see that the window stayed where it was
  6. Change the “UI scaling” option in the preferences back to its orginal value
  7. Restart InDesign again
  8. See that it still works—at least for me!

I'm so happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the post I made above worked... but eventually it would go back to it's annying antics of shifting again. This though seems to work (so far so good!)

Thanks @silllli 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I was able to “break” it again by dragging the InDesign window onto a different display. But better to have a temporary workaround than nothing, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines