• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for looking into the issues. I'm looking forward to the future release resolving them.

Regards,

Thijs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try this I get "An error occurred while uploading...Please try again later." —even with a one page doc with the word "test" in one font. Any ideas what I can try to trouble shoot? I've tried switching network connections, can't think what else to try.

Mac OS 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out of your Adobe ID in the Help menu, and log in again.

Also try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dough!

Right, I just signed in and out, and that worked.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the Issue an error occured... please try again...

I tried :

Try logging out of your Adobe ID in the Help menu, and log in again.

Also try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

I tried restarting my computer, I tried uploading a on page file with only test written on it. I'm starting to think that I tried everything but Publish Online never works.

Please, pretty please can someone help me with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maelle,

On what network you are trying publishing, are you on office network then it could be only some domains are permitted on that network. In that case you have to add more domains specific to publish online. You can try publishing from some other network if possible. If you need I can provide you domains specific to Publish Online.

Also are you able to use Sync Settings(button in left corner) in InDesign, just wanted to know if other services are working in your InDesign or not.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thanks for your quick reply,

I am on office network and we are using proxy server. You can send me the domain specifics and I'll transfer them to the IT team so they have them but I think it is more a proxy setting issue.

Also, concerning the Sync settings, it appears nowhere in my indesign (not it the bottom left corner, not in Edit, not in Settings ...) I don't know what could be the issue ?

Thanks Maëlle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you domains at your email. Sorry for Sync Settings, it has been removed in latest version of InDesign.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have been using the Publish Online feature I think it is an excellent addition to the CS.

Im not sure if I have missed this but is the published file indexed by Google. It appears from a post in the thread that it is not.

If not, is it planned to have options in the future to allow Google to index for those of us creating sales documents / brochures / magazines etc?

Many thanks,

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good feature request. Post it here:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have done so. Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update an online publication - how can I do this?

I understand it's in the next roll out of InDesign - but I really need to do this today.

Can anyone help? If I send the two links can someone at Adobe help in replacing the online document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would delete the unwanted one, through the File Dashboard, accessed through the file menu in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to keep the url the same. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a document and am seeing a problem. All url hyperlinks work fine when the pub is viewed on the desktop, but they do no work at all when viewed on my ipad or iphone. Is this an expected behavior, a bug, or could I be missing something? I am making all links properly through the hyperlink panel. Here is my published document. https://indd.adobe.com/view/95a1e8d4-c8e1-4e8c-ac42-56974a0d7872  Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running InDesign CC 2015.1 (August release)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to check in the morning. Thanks for helping Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 10.41.57 AM.png

Yes, I am. Upon further testing, the hyperlinks in question seem to work on the mobile devices in Chrome but not Safari. That is problematic as Safari is most folks' default I believe. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynn,

‌I guess you have checked that Safari pop up blockers are off. I believe they are on by default?

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Thank you, Glenn. I will have to instruct my customers to do the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a strange behaviour.

In a published document I have a button to advance to the next page.

When this is clicked on th desktop the page advances two pages. This doesn't happen on a tablet or phone just on the desktop?

This has been the case with eh last few documents I have published?

Any thoughts.

Thanks,

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Glenn,

With respect to your issue related to go to next page, can you please let me know in which browser (and which version) your are viewing your published document. What action (and on which event) you have associated with button.

It would be great if you can share one such link where issue can be seen.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,

Link to one of the documents I have published where the issue occurs: https://indd.adobe.com/view/a99f6646-fe86-468f-afb1-ac6047052529

It happens on all of the navigation buttons that are on the Master Pages (Forward and backwards arrows at the bottom of the page (pg 2 onwards).

I am using Go to Next Page and Go to Previous page in the Buttons panel. (Event on release or Tap).

I have the issue in Safari on Mac 9.01 / Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit) / Windows Internet Explorer Version 11.0.9600.18053

Oddly not an issue on Safari on iPad or iPhone or Google Chrome on iPad?

Many thanks in advance of your help.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

It seems like your buttons has 'Go to next/previous page' actions attached to both the events OnClick and OnRelease. On inspecting your document I can see following '<div id="_idContainer938" class="_idGenButton" data-clickactions="goToDestination('publication-14.html');" data-releaseactions="goToDestination('publication-14.html');">'

Hence as soon as one presses mouse, click event received, action performed and as soon as one releases mouse since there is button at the same place on other page as well, release event received and action performed on next page's button.

Please see again and if there is same action attached to multiple events then change it to one event only.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,

Thanks for your reply. Makes sense between the use on iPad / iPhone and on desktop with mouse click.

I am using the On Release or tap function in buttons as I need the functionality to work both on mobile and desktop. I don't see an option fro on Click / ON release, am I missing something?

Screenshot of my Master page button:

Appreciate your help. It would be great if I can sort this one!

Glenn

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 12.28.04 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines