• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently experiencing some issues. These are being looked at currently and hopefully things should be back to normal soon.

Regards,

Pradeep.

InDesign Engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snap Citywest,

Can you please try again and let us know if you are able to view the published documents now and find them in your web dashboard?

Regards,

Pradeep.

InDesign Engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that appears to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not bad - no option to change background colour or add branding - and no option for hyperlinks. It's a little weak and feels unfinished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to add would be to add social media links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh - now ever since about 2 hours ago - when I upload a document to the Publish Online - the transparent images are showing a white background. Exact same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Button action which targets URL are treated as pop up windows in Safari and Firefox. In Safari there is a preference under Security tab to 'Block pop-up windows' which I guess is on by default, if you uncheck this preference then hopefully your button actions to urls will start working.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi homeboy/dianeburns,

Happily, Hyperlinks on text should be working now with the latest update of InDesign 11.1.

To the Issue that Hyperlinks are not opening/working in the Safari and Firefox. Please check the pop-up block settings of your browser, this setting will prevent you from opening any such URL in different window.

Also, let us know if disabling the pop-up block setting of browser works for you.

Thanks,

Monica Singh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original registration thingie was a button with the usual three states. I replaced it with a plain ole text box and -- following Diane's instructions -- hyperlinked the entire textbox. It now works on my desktop PC using Explorer, on my iPhone and on my MacBook using Safari. This is fine for now. Thanks, Diane! But it would be good if the button worked so that people could get that mouseover feedback.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/8cb9eae2-9e9d-42ae-a3bd-2567e8e9136b?ref=ide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried out this feature. I was really hoping (wishful thinking) that I could use the "Publish Online" tool to create a webpage with which I could copy the source code into an HTML email builder. Of course this was far-fetched, but it would be so cool if possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a few issues, which I have resolved, but one has not been: I can hyperlink a box, but hyperlinked text is not clickable when the document is published online.  I cannot figure out why this is so.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, hyperlinked text doesn't work. You have to put a hyperlink on the object, as you have discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,

Although I haven't tried your solution yet, I do hope that in subsequent releases Adobe addresses this issue in a way that doesn't require browser fixes. While I lose mouseover states using Diane's solution, it portends widespread reliability no matter who accesses the link or what their system parameters are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get to the web dashboard (listing published files) directly or must one always go through InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan

You can log in to dashboard without going through InDesign. Simply type https://indd.adobe.com/dashboard, and you will be presented with dashboard, you need to sign in using your Adobe id to view the published list.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make a change to a document and republish, the system creates a new URL. It would be nice to have the option to create a new URL or use the same one. But in the meantime, is there some technology or a website that allows one to redirect a changing link to a fixed one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've got the same same problem. My dashboard fills up with different versions and URLs, surely a waste of storage space for Adobe. This also means a new URL has to be distributed to access the latest version and hyperlinks in web pages have to be changed.

Anybody have a solution and is this something Adobe is likely to fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been aggressively improving the feature since released in June. I think there's a pretty good chance of it (although I have no inside information).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, would like to republish and keep same URL. I can't find that feature. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version of InDesign (not yet released!) will add the ability to update a published document. Read about it here:

http://indesignsecrets.com/new-indesign-features-revealed-max.php

No date was released for the new version but apparently not too long...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve. I saw the update a published document demo'ed at Adobe Max but forgot that it was yet-to-be-released. This stuff is so cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into a new issue with missing images in the Published Online version.

I'm helping a friend with a book on birds and have a trial run with 11 pages. But 3 jpgs in the InDesign doc are not showing up in the Published ONline version.

The images show up as thumbnails in the thumbnails strip, but not on the pages.

I've checked the images files in Photoshop and they are no different from the other images.

I also deleted the two pages and placed the images on new pages, but that did not solve the problem.

Is there a maximum size for a file uploaded to Publish Online?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Jim

Running on Windows 10 and CC2015 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and chatted online with a representative for a long time. But ultimately no resolution. Rebuilt from scratch, which worked for some reason.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Jeff. Good to hear that it's not just one instance of the issue.

I have never had success recently with adobes tech support. The people I've always been connected to just repeat material in the help manual. This forum is much more helpful.

I am experimenting with putting different images in place of the ones that do not show but have not found a consistent pattern of no-shows yet.

Yes, I realise that it's a tech preview. Just REALLY happy this feature is begin added to InDesign. I just subscribed to IND CC 2015 because of it.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Missing Images problem has been solved.

It was simply the presence of an apostrophe in the file names.

The file names of the missing images all contained the word "Wilson's". Something I should have noticed much earlier.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines