• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save or Export files from InDesign 2022 (17.0) on macOS Monterey

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to macOS 12.0.1 and InDesign can't save or export files anymore. 

What I tried with no success:

• Delete Cache and Prefrences in the Library folder
  • Uninstall / Install InDesign
  • Rebooted the system
  • Logged out and in from my Adobe Account
  • Tried to use the Intel and M1 verison of InDesign. Same problems

So, clicking (or using the shortcuts) Save or Export, nothing happens. When I try to place another document the attatched, broken dialog appears.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We tried but couldn't replicate this issue at our end. However, few users have confirmed that disconnecting the Sidecar has helped resolving this issue. 

Could you please confirm you are using Sidecar and does removing it helps resolving this issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Not Sidecar @Srishti Bali but I use this USB-C dongle: https://minix.com.hk/de/products/neo-c-x-de (1. version). AND when disconnecting the Macbook from the dongle/monitor, all dialogs work again. 

Please release an update. All other Adobe application work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Was horrified to update to OS Monterey yesterday so that I could update to InDesign 2022 today. Menus drop-downs no longer worked in InDesign so couldn't export to PDF presets and had to go through the "Export" keyboard shortcut. Found one solution. I set the Apple System Preferences -> Accesibility -> Display to "Reduce Transparency". Menu function is now working correctly. Now to go find out where all my PhotoShop shortcuts went...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

This issue went away for me when I updated the macOS to 12.1. I was having the saving issues with Adobe, Microsoft, Chrome and Firefox and other programs, but the update seems to have fixed everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

When I went to upvote, I discovered someone said that simply updating Monterey to 12.1 solved the problem. So I upgraded. And it did. WOW, wish I'd known it was that easy. All that agony for naught!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. It seems Apple has fixed this issue. Please update to macOS Monterey v12.1 that Apple released around mid-December. Let us know if you are still facing this issue after updating. We'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got three questions for you:

1. Does this happen the first time you try to open a file on your system, or when you try to open it subsequent times after saving and closing the original document?
  2. If it's happening on your system the first time you try to open it, was the file first created on another system connected to your current Mac on the same network, or saved on a local/network drive connected to your system?
  3. Is the file stored on a cloud service (e.g. Box/Dropbox/iCloud Drive/OneDrive)?

The answer(s) to these questions will help us help you try and find the best fix to get you out of your situation.

Please let us know,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the file is all packaged and imported to the folder in MAC. But now it gives weird message that it has urls that are inaccessible.... cannot export files at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same drill. NADA. Total disaster that's not being fixed. My money, your disaster. No excuses. Was an Acrobat Rev 1 beta tester and InDesign beta tester so pilot error is not part of the equation. FIX THIS NOW!!!

Running Monterey on a trashcan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated Monterey to 12.6.2. No dice. Same "wonderful" thick-as-a-brick app that InDesign has become due to the fact saving files is not possible nor is it possible to export same to PDF. Absolutely useless. Did everything as per forum recommendations. As stated before, this is a disaster of historic proportions. As a side note, I have used Adobe products for over 25 years with great success until now. Take responsibility and fix is as the money I am spending on the subscription plan is being thrown away as we speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines