• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unselectable text - puzzled

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been handed a document to reflow. All well, but then this page pops up - see Fig 1.Fig 1.png

Went through the normal routine of selecting below and up and the "74%" never selected.Fig 2Fig 2.png

Even went to the master pages and looked to see if someone was having a laugh at my expense, but nothing.

I moved the text frame out of the way to try and see, well if anything, happened when I selected it... nothing.

Apologies, but brain is aching and eyes popping out of my head... any help would be liberally toasted in your name, this evening!

Lawrence

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

If the content is not on a locked layer, I would try on a copy of the file to be safe:

- Select-all then delete. if it is still there, check the Object > Lock menu, maybe the object itself is locked

- Links Panel, to check if somehow it comes from an external source, you might be able to edit that, or reinsert it

- Select with the Ctrl or command on Mac to select objects below another.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there more than one layer in the document, and if so, is the type on a locked layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the content is not on a locked layer, I would try on a copy of the file to be safe:

- Select-all then delete. if it is still there, check the Object > Lock menu, maybe the object itself is locked

- Links Panel, to check if somehow it comes from an external source, you might be able to edit that, or reinsert it

- Select with the Ctrl or command on Mac to select objects below another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines