• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are there white lines in InDesign preview mode

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshot, these lines appear in the same place on every spread when viewed in preview mode of InDesign CC 2015 - how do I fix this??

Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 20.18.54.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi @Bim_H -

I came here looking for an answer to the same question, but in tinkering just figured it out.

Turn off Overprint Preview then try presentation mode again.

I had the exact problem you have in the screenshot. I can replicate it repeatedly now. When Overprint Preview is turned on, white lines. Turn it off, white lines gone. You have to do it outside of presentation mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still that way. Still disturbing. Come on, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had overprint preview bugs for more than a year - and I also have the white lines without rulers. I noticed it originally when using the Separations Preview panel. I have submitted bug reports the Adobe but no feedback. I did a post on this community: There is a link in the post to a video, and I wonder if you can replicate the same garbled results using the same steps as in the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just for the record—turning on rulers fixed my overprint preview (no lines). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on rules works for me using Overprint Preview. But in Presentation mode don't. Sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling rulers remove the weird lines for me but this is not a fix to the problem. Is this bug being looked at by @Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years later... Adobe still has not fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same for me in 2022. Pitiful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in 2022. Adobe, wtf. Overprint view + preview has a white line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - we know that changing to Presentation Mode (shift + w) removes the white line, but it should be there in the first place. Surely this is an easy fix. Switching to Presentation Mode is NOT a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its crazy if you think about it. its a known bug since I use indesign around 2012… now more then 10 years later its still there and just shows how adobe is not really working on indesign since a while and just sitting on its monopole. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a  bug, it is caused by transparancy flattening. Use PDF/X-4 instead of flattened file types or postscript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It IS seriously irritating - and unnecccessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still in 2023 the lines is there! I mean the software is not cheap Adobe! Even Affinity does this better! Please fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is solved, use PDF/X-4 or any PDF without flattening transparency or with postscript involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening in app, not when exporting to pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely nothing to fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?? This occurs when in "Overprint preview" and screen mode is set to "Preview". The only way to get it to go away, is to turn on the rulers. I still count this as a bug.

Skærmbillede 2023-08-15 163641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not an issue in relation to PDF. It is an issue in relation to Overprint preview, and has been an issue dfor 10 years or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines