• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get SharedContent plugin error?

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My indd document was created in iD CS5.5. On opening in iD CS5, there is a popup which says that SharedContent plugin was used in the creation of the file. The popup then provides the option to proceed anyway. Will I be safe doing that, or is there a workflow for installing the plugin in CS5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

You cannot open an InDesign CS5.5 file directly in InDesign CS5. You need to choose File > Export > IDML and open the IDML file in InDesign CS4 or CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 321 Replies 321
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading now. I'll send you a link in a moment.

You know this is a pyramid scheme and only the people at the top make money, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

May I ask you the same service for me, please ?

I received a file and i cannot open it, I think it was save in Indd 6, and I have the 5

Can you convert it ?

thanks a lot, Hug from France !!!

[Link Removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Sending you a link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I am also in need of the same service. Can you help me as well?

I received a file in a higher version, and I have CS4.

Can you convert it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj46wgyb2swg7x7/12PDR%20Srvcs1.1%20NowAvail_V1.indd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Sending you a link. I've included a PDF, too so you can see the layout in CS6 incase things move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem, could you help me also? I would appreciate it very much. Used trial version CS6 to try and created these files, then bought CS5, didn't think about this until it was too late.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg6lwde5sxod3jj/SORjkK5X2H/New%20Year%27s%20Eve%20Menu%202012.indd

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg6lwde5sxod3jj/sP_pcwOm9Z/Winter%20Menu%202012.indd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Did you send the link to my email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your email for one from Adobe Forums saying you received a Private Message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client and I are attempting to work on an InDesign file together. She's working in CS 5.5 and I'm working in CS 5. I created the file and shared it with her. She made edits and saved an idml file and shared that with me. When I attempt to open the idml in CS 5, I get the "sharedcontent.rpln" Missing Plug-In error, followed by the Cannot Open File/Please Upgrade Your Plug-Ins error with the list of eight plug-ins going from formfield.indesignplugin to graphics.indesignplugin. Any idea whether she has done something wrong or I'm doing something wrong? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds more like she just changed the file extension from .indd to .idml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get her to try again, and make sure she's exporting it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, you're both doing something wrong...trying to collaborate

with different versions of InDesign.

But Peter's right, she's probably just adding an IDML extension to an

INDD file.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check with her and let you know what she did. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She tried again and the file opened in 5 this time, just as it should have. I was specific in asking whether she had exported the file the first time or simply changed the file suffix, but she was not specific in her answer, saying just that she "exported" the file again. However, the first file she sent was named "[filename]_copy.idml" so I believe she may have created a Save As and manually changed the suffix on the first go-round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob

I have received a 5.5 file and I have CS5 (Mac). Would you please translate this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6710715/pocket.indd

Thanks!

[personal info removed by moderator]

Message was edited by: Peter Spier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not worththe time to convert and upload. It's just a 9" x 4" page with .25 bleed all around with a single linked .ai file named MapBG.ai, so all you really need to do is make a new file the same size and place that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I couldn't see what the client had sent. I appreciate you taking the time to look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I am wondering if you can help me convert as well?

I have 5 at work and downloaded 5.5 at home last night not thinking anything about it.

Thank you very much!

Kara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to an earlier post by Peter in this thread, simply save/export your CS5 content as *.idml, and open in CS5.5; believe that should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't bring my laptop from home to work. So I don't have access to 5.5...

Didn't think ahead I guess.

But thank you for the heads-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loopdesign wrote:

This is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous? Do you need some help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You registered for that?

What are you talking about?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I am experiencing this problem as well. The file at issue is quite large - my portfolio - which I modified at school, then brought home only to find that I could no longer open it. Could you help me out with this as well?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines