• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow Highlighted Text Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem where lines of text are highlighted yellow for no reason. I checked paragraph styles and made sure no rules were applied, turned off highlighting for hyphenation and justification, and it still shows. Any ideas on how to fix??

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Yes, it could. Try paste without formatting instead of paste as the first troubleshooting step.

Paste could carry a style conflict with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Is it possible there is conditional text set to Indicator > Method: Highlight and Appearance > Color: Yellow? The Conditional Text panel is under Window > Type & Tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

IDK if this is what you are experiencing, but I had a similar situation. The paragraph style that was used for the affected paragraphs had the "Keep Lines Together" box checked and the "Keep with next ___ lines" had 1 in the blank. I deselected the "Keep Lines Together" box, and changed the "Keep with next ___ lines" to 0. The yellow highlighting disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not for no reason. Those are composition highlights for H&J violations.

You can turn it off in your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my above post, I already checked H&J violations and they are turned off in my preferences. The text still shows yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I missed that. Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a screenshot of the text in my original post. The text turning yellow is whenever i copy and paste from a different document i'm noticing. Could that have something to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it could. Try paste without formatting instead of paste as the first troubleshooting step.

Paste could carry a style conflict with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you so much Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that “glyph substitution” is checked in Preferences > Composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible there is conditional text set to Indicator > Method: Highlight and Appearance > Color: Yellow? The Conditional Text panel is under Window > Type & Tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am working in someone else's doc and didn't know they had set up conditional text for certain sections. Thank you so much David!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's what happened. Bringing in that text brought the formatting along.

By using paste without formatting, it only brought the text and honored the style in the document you're pasting into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the same problem, picked up someone elses ID project and I'm changing fonts, format, etc. But can't get rid of these damn yellow highlights! They dissapear on preview, but I don't work in preview and they are driving me nuts!

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.53.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the entire discussion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I did read the entire discussion. Have no idea how the text was imported to the ID file. 

This is an already established file that I am cleaning up. 

Conditional text didn't seem to bring any results. 

Glyphs have nothing to do with it.

Bob, you are usually more helpful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original answer was to check composition preferences to see if highlighting of H&J violations is enabled. That is still my answer since you haven't indicated anything else that you tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you are right as usual! Have never seen this before!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry about the snark earlier, been a long day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHH, thank you guys! I had the same issues - picking up someone else's InDesign to clean up. WORKed! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDK if this is what you are experiencing, but I had a similar situation. The paragraph style that was used for the affected paragraphs had the "Keep Lines Together" box checked and the "Keep with next ___ lines" had 1 in the blank. I deselected the "Keep Lines Together" box, and changed the "Keep with next ___ lines" to 0. The yellow highlighting disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines