• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow triangle error when placing photo from Bridge to InDesign

Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use InDesign 2019 but have been holding on to my 2018 install for a while longer "just in case." Occasionally I mistakenly click that 2018 icon in my taskbar when actually reaching for the 2019 icon. If 2019 is already open, I get a bright blue error box with a yellow triangle at the far left, no text warning, just "InDesign" in the title bar. But it clearly occurs because I've accidentally tried to open InD 2018 when 2019 is already open.

Today, I tried to place a photo from Bridge to InDesign (right-clicking on the image, choosing Place), and I got that same yellow triangle/blue box with no text. I was working in 2019, and my file association in Bridge for InD files is InD 2019.  But it appears that Bridge is trying to open InD 2018 anyway.

When using the right-click "place" option, Bridge doesn't offer a choice of InDesign versions to use; it just says "InDesign." Does anyone know if there is anything else to be adjusted (beyond file associations) so that Bridge will work with the correct -- or at least currently opened -- version of InD when I try to place images from Bridge or to open documents from Bridge?

C.S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description confuses me a little bit. Using Bridge you need to crap an image from Bridge and drag it into InDesign.

But you did not tell us which file type you want to import to InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can drag and drop my image (in this case, .jpg) into InD, but I just thought I'd like to get things working correctly.

If the option is there to right-click an image, choose Place, then choose InDesign, I may want to use that option sometime, and it would be nice if Bridge understood that I already have a version of InDesign open and doesn't try to open a different version.

Of course, if worse comes to worst, I can uninstall 2018. I just wanted to keep it around a bit longer.  Even so, I think Bridge ought to be smart enough to know there's already an open instance of InDesign and not try to default to open an older version, especially when I already have the file association set to 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. In this case please uninstall both the versions(2019 and 2018) using the cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Restart the System

Then Install CC 2018 first and then install CC 2019.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! Have you updated to Bridge CC 21019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming so.  The CC App doesn't call for me to update, and the one I'm using is v. 9.0.2 (it doesn't say 2019 but it is the latest in the list).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

casinclaire  wrote

But it clearly occurs because I've accidentally tried to open InD 2018 when 2019 is already open.

FYI, you can open 2018 when 2019 is already open. They can both be running at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, then, something else must be going on because I've never been able to open 2018 if 2019 was already running. It always hung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines