• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the InDesign forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stops happening for a particular file/folder if you quit and relaunch InDesign, so there must be a caching issue somewhere I guess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, although I can't say specifically that it is happening when I am packaging a file. I 'think' it has happened to me several times over the past few days where I have zipped a project folder and then deleted the folder, only to have it reappear on my desktop or my 'in progress' folder where it had lived.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens after a few minutes not immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually yes, you're right, it must have also happened when I Zipped up a copy of a folder to send to someone via WeTransfer. I thought at the time I'd left it there by accident and couldn't work out why it was just Document Fonts and not the file and images as well. Must have been caused by the same bug.

There's a danger of overwriting the important folder with the bogus copy so this could be quite nasty if one isn't careful. Any ideas Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when packaging and my co-workers have the problem when they just open a file. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please log a bug on uservoice forum for this issue. Following is the link for same https://indesign.uservoice.com/ .

Regards

Pooja Rathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, packaged ID folders re-appear on desktop after they've been put in trash. I re-installed 15.0.1 and the problem seems to have gone away. MacOS 10.14

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happened to some users at my office. It doesn't seem to break anything but it kinda annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that sums it up well. It's not really dangerous, just annoying, although there is the danger that you could accidentally overwrite the folder that has the InDesign file in it with the one that only has the fonts if you're not careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very annoying on the fact that i actually overwrote my file because of the repeated duplicate folder with just the font folder. Now I have to be extra careful and delete the extra folders only work desktop. =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue -Very frustrating. InDesign 2020 is a work in progress. I also have a particular family Postscript Font (Helvetica Neue) that InDesign absolutely will not accept, even if I put the Font in the System Library and do a restart. The InDesign file says there is no Font Error; However, when the file is packaged or a Hi Res Proof is generated, the Font is garbled. I have loved working in InDesign but the Font issues have caused me a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woudl agree with Bob to stop using the Postscript versions of these fonts and move to the OpenType versions. Are you using a font manager of any type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest Suitcase Fusion that suppose to sync with the Adobe software - has worked great in the past but not for the one Font family I mentioned. I have been in Graphics 32 years, long before OpenType Fonts seemed to be available. In other words, I have numerous Screen/Postscript Fonts.

The difficult thing for me to understand is: I can shut the Suitcase Fusion down and put the Font family in my System Font Library and do a restart.

The InDesign file will read, "No Errors" but the Font is still garbled.  I can copy it to a new document and even if the font looks good, then, when I go to Package, it is garbled again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corrupt font to me. Opentype fonts were developed about 20 years in a collaborative effort between Adobe and Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss. We have the Font in different areas to pull from, but it does look like we will have to use a similar replacement font for the future.

For a different job, sent by a designer, the fonts in Illustrator were fine; however, when copying them into InDesign, they became garbled.  This was not the particular font family I have been talking about. So, I had to do a work around by saving as a Hi Res PDF in Illustrator and importing into InDesign.

Just saying I have never had Font issues prior, like I am dealing with now for InDesign 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you make sure you have the latest version of Suitcase and take advantage of its ability to remove non-system required fonts. The remove any fonts in your User Library. Then clean your font caches and restart. Open your document and it should ask you for the fonts. Use Suitcase to activate the fonts and see how they look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K - will try your advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the latest Suitcase Fusion.  I can sometimes find a replacement font, very similar to the Font I am having an issue with. Otherwise, I will follow suit and purchase OpenType, if necessary.  Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a number of issues reported here.

The "new folder" thing seems to be a result of moving a folder while files are open. I get that the Mac OS will allow it but it's bad practice.

Type 1 fonts should be avoided if for no other reason than their lack of cross-platform compatibility. If you are going to use them put them in a document fonts folder and use them on a project by project basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you clarify the point about moving folders when a file is open, please?

It's true that this isn't a good idea, but how can you package a file if it isn't open? I've been seeing this behaviour when packaging a file along with its fonts and links to another folder, usually my 'Today's Work" folder which sits at the side of my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about moving the folder if the InDesign file in it is open. I may have read the OP's post incorrectly and if so, I apologize but it's still something to be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bob, that's not the case with this bug. We can recreate this issue at will on several machines, with no files open in InDesign at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines