InDesign Share for Review - FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Share for Review in InDesign’s June 2020 release, you can share your designs for online review, and manage feedback right within the app. Stakeholders can open the shared document in a browser to provide feedback. Share for Review streamlines and simplifies the review process for both designers and their stakeholders 

workflow.png

The following FAQs provide clarity on common questions around Share for Review 

Share the document for review - FAQ

View reviewer comments - FAQ 

Review the document - FAQ

Best practices

How is Share for Review different from the ‘Integrated comment and review’ feature in InDesign CS5? How does it compare to the Import PDF Comments (IPC) feature?  

Adobe is investing in features and services that make creative collaboration easier and more enjoyable.  

With Share for Review, our aspiration is to make reviewing and editing InDesign creative more seamless, and address the following limitations in CS Review: 

• Requirement for a flash plugin to use this feature 
  • Lack of support for key features such as email notifications 
  • User challenges with feature discoverability 

Compared to Import PDF Comments (IPC), Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback. We will be working to enhance the reviewing features and capabilities in Share for Review, which will soon help this tool surpass the experience of IPC, from end to end.   

Does Share for Review include text commenting capabilities? 

This first version of the feature allows you to provide feedback through the sticky note and pencil tools. We will continue to improve the experience, and we will soon incorporate more text commenting capabilities, including text highlight, text strikethrough, and the ability to accept text comments in a single click. 

Is this feature being introduced into InCopy?  

It is not. Instead, we’ll be making significant updates to InCopy by taking it to the Web to provide better collaboration capabilities. Stay tuned!    

What text capabilities do I have as a reviewer?  

As a reviewer, you will be able to highlight text, strikethrough text, and replace text corresponding to your comment. 

share-for-review-text-edit-tools-NFS.png

Let us know of any challenges, or questions you have for us around Share for Review and we’ll be happy to assist you. 

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Publish online, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 6
294 Replies 294
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue for 'Unmapped comments on Web' has been fixed. You can now check on the web to see if the comments are appearing as you want them. 

Please note, this issue is different from the one where the comments are going unmapped in the review panel of InDesign which is still being worked upon.

Let me know if still there are issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great feature. For my clients it would be also important to have the possiblity to download the file as a pdf document. Would be great if you consider this in the feature. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd suggest posting about this in the UserVoice where the product team can check. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>...Share for Review reduces time by eliminating the need to create and share PDFs and collate the resulting feedback.<

It should be mentioned that sharing with Acrobat Pro can collate all the comments [semi-] automatically--both by email, a shared server, or in the Acrobat document cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A similar feature was earlier introduced in the CS5 version of InDesign which was discontinued later on. That's what the FAQ is talking about. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I turn this feature OFF?

I don't need to see the pop-up window (and an empty pop-up window at that???), every time I open a new document.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, if you close the window it won't come back unless you rebuild your preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, for me it's popping up every time I open an InDesign document for the first time, secind time, third time…

Every update a new delight!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the review tool smoothly, until I moved the same file to another computer and now the review panel does not have any comments in it. The file name is exactly the same. When I loved it back to my original computer the comments were still gone. How can I fix this? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. 

If I understand the workflow here correctly, you copied an InDesign file to another machine and launched it in InDesign but you are not able to see the comments in the review panel anymore. Right?

If yes, I believe it is an issue of Adobe ID as the comments and review panel all are synced to a particular ID. Try to sign out and sign in to the InDesign application on the new machine now.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0