Highlighted

spacebar InDesign 2020 not working on macOS catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just started using my new macbook pro and upgraded to catalina 15.2. Now my spacebar short cut isn't working anymore in InDesign 2020. I searched online and read it is a problem caused by Chrome. For a lot of people quitting Chrome fixed the problem, but for me this doesn't work. I could off course change the short cut but hopefully there's another solution.

{Renamed By MOD}

Thanks Risbabh, this worked after I restarted and first launched InDesign before launching Chrome. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

spacebar InDesign 2020 not working on macOS catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just started using my new macbook pro and upgraded to catalina 15.2. Now my spacebar short cut isn't working anymore in InDesign 2020. I searched online and read it is a problem caused by Chrome. For a lot of people quitting Chrome fixed the problem, but for me this doesn't work. I could off course change the short cut but hopefully there's another solution.

{Renamed By MOD}

Thanks Risbabh, this worked after I restarted and first launched InDesign before launching Chrome. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reaching out. You can try resetting the preferences for InDesign by following the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Let us know if this helps or if you need any other assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have antivirus software running? If so, does the software have the ability to pause secure keyboard entry?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0