• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 10.2 Grain Effects Render Incorrectly In Develop Module

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Develop module no longer properly renders the Grain Effect settings in LrC 10.2, which appear much more pronounced and correct in the Library module and exported files. I tested with GPU enabled and disabled with LrC restarted and the issue persists on my Windows 10 system.

The below screenshots are with LrC 10.2 using Grain settings Amount 100, Size 50, and Roughness 100.

LrC10.2DevelopvsLibraryGrainDi-c92c4439-ebf9-4b14-98cf-107586207dee-1310254250.jpgLrC10.2DevelopvsLibraryGrainDi-c92c4439-ebf9-4b14-98cf-107586207dee-1310254250.jpg
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
75 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it still isn't fixed since months? I thought it's problem only on mine PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to make my images "less digital" sometimes I like to add grain to them depending on what I'm trying to comunicate. The problem is that whenever I add some grain to my pictures I have to zoom in to check how much grain it's adding. If I watch the whole picture it doesn't show any grain, like it's not applying it, but when I export the image it shows much more grain that I'd like, so I have to go back to Lightroom, reduce it, export and check, which is not efficient nor desirable. It's very annoying to be honest.

I'm using the latest Lightroom Classic version (11.0.1) but it has always happened.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Lightroom 11.1 now and still hasn't been fixed... We're almost at full release cycle here since it started in 10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already very upset! I'm paying for a lightroom, but it still doesn't work properly! This problem persists over the years. When will it be repaired?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Capture One. I did it and it works great. Adobe doesn't care about their customers. Something really stupid to fix and it's taking them years, and they are not even listening to their clients. 

I took advantage of the Capture One 50% off sale for their perpetual license so I can owe the software not needing to pay every month. It's mine forever. And they even gave me the last version update for free. And of course the grain effect works flawlessly and it can also emulate a much much better noise quality. You can even make it look like film photography indistinguishable, not like Lightroom which is quite bad honestly, and it doesn't even show in the Develop module, so...

I still have Adobe's license for more than a year, but if they keep it that way I won't renew it again when it expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Lightroom shows less Grain when I edit a photo on mobile, but shows a lot of Grain when I transfer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Lightroom shows less Grain when I edit a photo on mobile, but shows a lot of Grain when I transfer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR Mobile are you using, how are you transfering it, what settings are you using, and how are you viewing the transferred file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very painful that this is still a bug in V.11.

Chiming in to request a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have been working with Lr for a few months without issue.  But today I have edited some photos as normal, tried to export and they then go grainy and poor quality.  Can you advise what's wrong please?  I have tried resetting my preferences but it hasn't worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd need to see a screen capture of this poor quality export. We'd need to se a screen capture (proabably several screen captures) showing the Export dialog box. And we probably need to know the size of the image before export (in pixels, width and height, do not tell me megabytes) and we probably need to know how (what software and what magnification) you are using to view this poor quality export.

Include screen captures in your reply by clicking on the Insert Photos icon. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LrC 11.2 and LR Desktop 5.2 updates have fixed this issue on my Windows 10 system. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop module not showing grain effects as they should appear. Showing fine in library module. Been an issue for a while. I saw this reported about a year ago. I've noticed it for at least that - if not longer. Never been a fixed through any update for me

Currently running V11.2, CR14.2 on Mac Montery 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zooming in at 1:1 or greater?

Try disabling GPU in preferences and view again; any different?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug report about this for LR 10.2, which Adobe reported as fixed in 11.2.  Suggested next steps:

1. Triple-check you're running 11.2 by doing the menu command Help > System Info. (The Create Cloud desktop app sometimes fools people into thinking they're on "the latest" version.)

2. Select a photo with the problem and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File. Upload the photo and its .xmp sidecar as attachments to your reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming in shows the effect properly, I've known about this. It's not a fix for the issue at hand (seeing the grain effect in full/"fit" view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe usually won't open a bug report unless it can easily reproduce the problem. So be sure to upload a sample raw and .xmp as described above, and to copy/paste the first ten lines from Help > System Info here.

Moderators, this thread shouldn't be merged into the previous bug report because that's marked as "Fixed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Lightroom 11.3 now and still hasn't been fixed. Sorry but in the next daay i'll switch to C1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a GPU issue. Try disabling the GPU and see if that fixes it.

In LrC Edit> Preferences> Performance set 'Use Graphics Processor' to Off as shown below. Close and restart LrC to apply the setting change. Does that fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried all graphic possible combinations but it did not resolve the problem.

my configuration is :

MAC PRO 2019 / Montery and Vega pro II  (96gb ram )

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but this bug is not yet fixed.

I also have that problem although I already updated to version 11.4.

When I switch between photos in develop module, the grain is not visible until the sliders and panels on the right side are loaded. Then the grain (33/25/25) appears as if it was zoomed by a factor of 100 and gives the photo and overall pale look.

My system:

Win11, AMD

GeForce 1050Ti (no effect if GPU support in enabled or disabled)

4k Monitor (Windows scaling 150 %)

The example is from an uncropped 24 MP photo with "fit" view.

lightroom_grain_issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 11.4.1

No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WITHDRAWAL:

Sorry for blaming Adobe in that case. It was clearly my fault as I had checked the option to use Smart Previews instead of Originals in the preferences > performance dialog! Now it looks all fine as expected 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate