• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (14.3) Sonoma - WB Picker Loupe Tool is stuck after first click

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 13.1 on intel iMac, Sonoma.  Grab the eyedropper for white balance and the loupe window gets stuck on the first color it touches.  Still can pick different spots to change WB, but the loupe never changes as you move around image.  This is new since Sonoma upgrade.  Restarts, etc., did not resolve.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue.  Note: this update must be used with Mac 14.5 OS Version or later for the fix to be effective.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
114 Comments
Explorer ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, that the issue with the WB Picker has been solved when installing Mac OS 14.5. No issues anymore...and no crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue made worse in Lightroom Desktop. Causes app crash now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening here with Sonoma 14.5 FINAL (MacBook M3, 36 GB). When selecting any dropper/picker, as soon as you place it over the photo the program crashes.

System info:

Lightroom version: 7.2 arm64 [ 20240214-0910-27200e9 ] (Feb 14 2024)
NGL Version: 1.36.0.9
WF Version: 6.2 3d4e7aa
VF Version: 1.0.135.7
HIL Version: 40409
CAI Version: adobe_c2pa/0.7.6 c2pa-rs/0.25.2

Operating system: macOS
OS Version: macOS 14.5 (23F79)
Application architecture: arm64
Computer model: Mac15,7 / Apple M3 Pro
Logical processor count: 12
Built-in memory: 36.864,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 36.864,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1.086,0 MB (2,9%)
Peak memory used by Lightroom: 1.086,0 MB
Memory cache size: 3.429,8 MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 16.2 [ 1763 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 7
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: Neon
Camera Raw virtual memory: 243MB / 18431MB (1%)

Display: 3456x2234

Graphics Processor Info: Metal: Apple M3 Pro
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU4, hard: success, soft: success, al: Yes, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been chatting with adobe support for about 1,5 hours yesterday and they were able to reproduce it too. I got this statement in my mail later:

I wanted to follow up on our recent conversation about the crashing issue you experienced while using the white picker tool. First off, I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I wanted to let you know that we've logged a bug with the number NMB-28001, and our engineering team is already hard at work on a solution. We're planning to release an update next week that will address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, this really looks like a bug, very insidious.

Reported to Apple. I hope that Adobe can investigate and provide a secure solution soon, because in this way the program is not 100% usable

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sadly this made it to the final production Sonoma 14.5 and now all my upgraded machines have the same bug. I can't even set white balance on any of my images. Immediate crash. This is no longer a Beta issue. I have sent countless reports to adobe today everytime this crashes. It renders Lightroom CC useless for the time being. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various eyedropper tools such as White Balance, Point Color, Defringe crash the app immediately after entering the image area. 

I can reproduce this on two different Macbook Pros (one Intel and one M4). Log of the latest crash below (also attached):

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: Adobe Lightroom [1691]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom
Identifier: com.adobe.lightroomCC
Version: 7.2 (7.2)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-05-16 15:02:19.8224 -0400
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 8463A396-F7D8-8D98-F63A-8385DEC0BACC

Sleep/Wake UUID: 0AD2221E-907F-4C47-891D-8E8C22289242

Time Awake Since Boot: 2000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 2019 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 46 Dispatch queue: CA DispatchGroup

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000001a678ac8c

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 5 Trace/BPT trap: 5
Terminating Process: exc handler [1691]

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x196a719ec __psynch_cvwait + 8
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x196aaf55c _pthread_cond_wait + 1228
2 QuartzCore 0x19edc88c4 CA::DispatchGroup::~DispatchGroup() + 68
3 QuartzCore 0x19ed9c3e8 CA::Layer::display_if_needed(CA::Transaction*) + 680
4 QuartzCore 0x19ef211a4 CA::Context::commit_transaction(CA::Transaction*, double, double*) + 512
5 QuartzCore 0x19ed7ee4c CA::Transaction::commit() + 648
6 AppKit 0x19a5149d0 __62+[CATransaction(NSCATransaction) NS_setFlushesWithDisplayLink]_block_invoke + 272
7 AppKit 0x19aed4208 ___NSRunLoopObserverCreateWithHandler_block_invoke + 64
8 CoreFoundation 0x196b8d87c _<deleted extraneous unrequested material>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.09.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain why is this not being accepted as a bug when in fact it is a bug? That is why I did not add to this thread. An actual bug should be being worked on by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, in fact, *is* a bug, and must be treated as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RGracia 

The bug already exists in this forum and in our internal systems, so an additional bug report is not needed. 

Actually, this thread is also not needed. It is all covered in: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-14-3-sonoma-wb-picker-loupe-tool-is-stuck-af...

This thread was left on the forum and not merged because it was specific to the macOS beta, making it unique enough to warrant standing alone.  Based upon the 14.5 release and the failure to resolve the bug for all clients, I will be merging this thread into the thread above, as when the final fixes for macOS, Classic 13.2 and Desktop 7.2 are all released, that this the thread that will be notified. 

On a side note, I deleted a large portion of the text you put in your previous post. Persons on the forum are reluctant to read items which require dozens of pages of scrolling.  

Please follow: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-14-3-sonoma-wb-picker-loupe-tool-is-stuck-af... for additional information on this issue. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem identified by Adobe. ‘Solution’? Wait for an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when specifically will this bug be fixed?

I'm going on a 3 year delayed honey moon starting this weekend, my wife has been planing this trip for months. I bought special photography gear and a new Macbook Air specifically so I could shoot photos and edit them during the trip. As a business owner I'll never get another spare moment to work on these photos. This is why I pay for Adobe.

To unbox my brand new laptop, shoot some test photos with my gear, and then find the Lightroom crashes 10/10 times when you use the eyedropper, is suffice to say, disappointing. Moreover the lack of transparency with this issue, the fact it was reported months earlier and not acted on, and the non-specific nature of the fix timing, is extremely frustrating.

We are subscription customers, we pay for this software every month, forever. Bugs should be emergencies fixed immediately, especially show stoppers that lead to lost work and hard crashes in a predictable and consistent manner. This is not a fair way to treat customers.

It has been a while since used Lightroom on a Mac. It's upsetting to see it's even less stable now then I remember given the new SaaS model. Please provide a more comprehensive update, and timeline, and please prioritize this fix.

These sort of bugs affect people - we pay our bills, please provide us working software.

Thank you,

A Lifelong Adobe Customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on. I make my living photographing portraits and I tether my Z8 to my MacBook Pro - any update to firmware or software halts any expected stability in tethering capability. It's just not right to expect payment from customers for glitch-ridden software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple M2 Pro Macbook Pro 16gb ram, 1tb disk, Sonoma v14.5

After updating to Sonoma 14.5, I cannot use all components of Lightroom. For example, after importing a raw Sony file, I can adjust the photo using PRESETS, but when I edit and use POINT COLOR, the app crashes. I cannot use POINT COLOR. I've tried uninstalling and no go. I reboot and no go. At this point, Lightroom is useless to me without all components. I need this to work again.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a known problem That I reported to Adobe a few days ago. They tried to find out the issue but ended up suggesting to ‘wait until an update is available. Not a helpful ’solution. I would add that the same problem exists when trying to use the white point picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obviously the only thing they can say. This is a bug, and bugs get fixed in updates. What else do you expect them to say?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh I don't know, like this is when we're going to fix it, sorry for the inconvenience. We didn't buy this software once 10 years ago. We buy it every month. It's professional software. It's not a privilege to have it work.

The bug was reported MONTHS ago. It is reasonable to expect more transparency as to why this bug exists, why it hasn't been fixed sooner, and specifically when it's expected to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never comments on when a bug fix will be released. Why the next update of Lightroom is later than the usual two months is again something that would never be revealed, and the technical background of a bug is also something that is not commented on (but knowing that this bug exists only in a MacOS Sonoma 14.3 and later suggests that it is probably a change that Apple made in MacOS that was the direct cause of it). The support person could have said sorry, but in the end that was most likely all he was allowed to say and you will still have to wait for the fix.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a bit more complicated than you suggest. A color picker problem existed for both Classic and Desktop versions beginning with 14.3. With 14.5, the problem disappeared from Classic but in Desktop the problem went beyond just the loupe color freezing to a complete crash when the loupe is moved to a photo. This happens with both White Balance picker and Point Color picker. I agree that this is probably not just an Adobe issue but some sort of conflict between LR and Mac OS although I don’t understand why things would be different between Classic and Desktop. The thing that irked me was that Adobe classified the issue as “Resolved” and closed it. I don’t regard 'waiting for an update' to be any sort of resolution at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this has been going on for some time, what is an alternative to LR? I pay ny the month and am happy to move on. Anything similar someone like to recommend? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems each camera brand has its own software - and there is Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a combined bug thread, and like you said, the issue is resolved for Lightroom Classic with MacOS 14.5. The pinned reply by Rikk Flohr clearly states it is not resolved for Lightroom 7.2 and causes a crash. I don't think Adobe needs to explain the technical details as to why this difference, and I am sure most of us would not understand a word of it if they did.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs: 

Lightroom version: 7.0 arm64 [ 20230927-2320-8b251c5 ] (Sep 28 2023)
NGL Version: 1.35.0.19
WF Version: 6.0 743769e
VF Version: 1.0.135.7
HIL Version: 40409
CAI Version: adobe_c2pa/0.7.6 c2pa-rs/0.25.2

Operating system: macOS
Application architecture: arm64
Computer model: MacBookPro18,3 / Apple M1 Pro
Logical processor count: 10
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1,664.0 MB (10.1%)
Peak memory used by Lightroom: 1,664.0 MB
Memory cache size: 3,427.0 MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: Neon
Camera Raw virtual memory: 486MB / 8191MB (5%)

Displays: 1) 3024x1964, 2) 4096x2304

Graphics Processor Info: Metal: Apple M1 Pro
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU4, hard: success, soft: success, al: Yes, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: /Users/brettmansdorf/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom CC
Library Folder: /Users/brettmansdorf/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Touch the WB dropper and she crashes...   

Any idea when they will fix - I've read "in the next release" - but that is rather vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where Lightroom crashes everytime I go to pick a color using Point Color.  This is a persistent issue and it happens to every image I have tried.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom and the issue persists.  

This is only happening on my Apple Silicon Macbook Pro M3Pro after upgrading to Sonama 14.5 recently. 

My Intel Macbook running Sonoma 14.4 does not have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate