• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (14.3) Sonoma - WB Picker Loupe Tool is stuck after first click

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 13.1 on intel iMac, Sonoma.  Grab the eyedropper for white balance and the loupe window gets stuck on the first color it touches.  Still can pick different spots to change WB, but the loupe never changes as you move around image.  This is new since Sonoma upgrade.  Restarts, etc., did not resolve.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Acknowledged for 14.3 only. Bug written - status updated.
Note: Bugs are filed against both Classic and Desktop and this thread contains reports from both applications.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue with the white balance picker not showing an accurate preview as I move around the image in LRC 13.2. However, my issue STARTED happening AFTER I updated from MacOS 14.4 to 14.4.1. So on 14.4 and before, this worked fine on my M3 MacBook Pro. I worked with Adobe support for an hour trying various things, and nothing fixed it. CAN ADOBE PLEASE ACKNOWLEGE THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE BEYOND MacOS 14.3 AND GET IT FIXED? This is an extremely important tool for MANY PEOPLE'S WORKFLOWS, and it is completely UNACCEPTABLE that it has been broken this long. GET ON IT AND GET A PATCH RELEASED! We pay for this software and it NEEDS TO WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it take that long to fix this issue Adobe? This is not accetpable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This has been an issue for months and has not been addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- deleted ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet? Even internally?  How long do we need to wait?  It's been 4 months, several OS updates later, and still no sign of a fix..
The Point Colour loupe preview still works so surely there has to be a simple fix? What's different about the white balance loupe compared to the point colour loupe?

Would really love some idea of when it will work properly again.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague  (MacBookPro) and I (Mac Studio) are both having the following issue with LRC 13.2 running on Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1. Is there a way around it or is it a known issue?

In the Develop Module, select the eyedropper and the pixelllated Pick A Target Neutral (PATN) box does not change colour as you move the eyedropper across the image. It stays the same colour. The Navigator 

window changes colour but not the PATN box.

Another collegue running Windows does not have this iussue.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem exists now for almost half a year, judged from the first post...

Here is my configuration, I have this problem until now (April 30st):

Lightroom Classic version: 13.2 [ 202402141005-bf1aeb84 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-AT
Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.4.1 [23E224]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 10
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 32.768,0 MB

What is Adobe planning to do in the foreseeable future (or will they just let the situation as it is?)?

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Months have passed since this issue was first raised, and Adobe's response has been limited to: 'Bug written - status updated.' Neither has the problem been resolved nor is there any open communication about the current status. Adobe, what's going on?
A simple yet essential tool isn't working, and the support team remains silent. This is not acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Could you please forward the complaints here to the Adobe Management? The customers are not satisfied that Adobe is doing nothing here! We are all paying customers but Adobe doesn't seem to care about customer satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing exactly the same issue currently.  Is there any petition online that will get Adobe's attention? Need to move from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr, is there any status on when it will be fixed and new patch to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently this fix is scheduled for the next release of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.  There is no ETA available.  This thread will be updated when a fix is issued. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Thank you for your information. I know, you are not responsible for the behavior of Adobe but maybe you can forward this to higher level staff. It is absolutley not acceptable how Adobe acts here. Adobe is a huge company with enough ressources to solve this bug fast. I really think about it, leaving Adobe and using other software for retouching. I am not married with Adobe and there are alternatives. Why should I pay monthly when I get this kind of "support"? People here are very upset about this. Adobe should know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Here at my place the picker (eyedropper) as soon as it passes on a photo crashes Lightroom (Sonoma 14.5 beta 4 now, but also with beta 2 and 3)

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same is happneing for me. Nikon Z8 / Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1. The eyedropper DOES NOT work properly. 7May2024. This has been happeing for quite a while now.. Easy fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate