• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (14.3) Sonoma - WB Picker Loupe Tool is stuck after first click

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 13.1 on intel iMac, Sonoma.  Grab the eyedropper for white balance and the loupe window gets stuck on the first color it touches.  Still can pick different spots to change WB, but the loupe never changes as you move around image.  This is new since Sonoma upgrade.  Restarts, etc., did not resolve.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Acknowledged for 14.3 only. Bug written - status updated.
Note: Bugs are filed against both Classic and Desktop and this thread contains reports from both applications.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a similar bug in Lightroom Classic (and now I see also in Lightroom) with the White Balance eyedropper. The loup gets stuck and does not change when you move the eyedropper around. The eyedropper does work correctly however. The Lightroom Classic bug is confirmed by Adobe. @Rikk Flohr: Photography 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've now seen that. My problem is also with the White Balance picker. Apparently bugs are filed against both Classic and Desktop. Hopefully a fix will be found ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the White Balance Eyedropper on RAW files, the little box showing the pixels is not working correctly. As soon as I move the eyedropper onto the image, the box shows the first pixels it encounters, then does not update as I move the eyedropper around the image. The White Balance tool itself is working ok: the numerical values for RGB change as I move the eyedropper, showing the RGB values for the pixel the eyedropper is inspecting. However, the pixels inside the little box do not change. This makes it impossible to see a zoomed-in view of which color the eyedropper is looking at, which basically renders the tool useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Lightroom (Desktop) 7.2 and the loupe problem is still there for both White Balance and Point Color. In the Lightroom Classic update (13.2) the loupe works as it should for White Balance but still doesn't work for Point Color. Sonoma 14.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, got things backwords. In classic it DOES work for Point Color but NOT for White Balance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed new Lightroom Classic update 13.2. Mac OS is the current 14.3.1. The loup works with Point Color but is still locking up on the first pixels it touches in White Balance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The White Balance Dropper doesn't change its color on mouseover the image....

dirkz97066185_0-1708621278069.png

Lightroom Classic Version 13.2 

dirkz97066185_2-1708621376301.png

Mac OS 14.3.1 - MacBook Pro (M2 2023) - 16GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with an M3 chip running Sonoma 14.3.1 recently and when I use the eyedropper tool to set a white balance in the Develop Panel, the magnifier box will only show the colors the tool first hits when being dragged to a photo.  I am referring to the box that shows the magnified pixels and has the words, "Pick a Target Neutral" on top and it moves with the eyedropper.  If I move the eyedropper to a blue sky first, it will freeze on the color blue but won't change if I move the dropper over another color in the photo.  The numbers at the bottom of the box for R, G, and B change as the dropper moves but the colors are frozen. If I put the eyedropper back and then redrag it to another color in the photo it will freeze on that color.  I also have an older Macbook Pro running Monterey and I do not have this problem on that computer.  I called Adobe and they had me uninstall and reinstall Lightroom Classic but the problem persists.  The rep thought it might have something to do with the new M3 chip and told me to wait for an update.  Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestion?  I do a lot of editing for museum photography and it's important for me to be able to have the dropper right on a neuetral target without any other colors but it's hard to tell without the Pick and Target Neutral box showing me what the dropper is seeing.  I am wondering if there is a setting in preferences I could change that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's certainly not the M3 chip. I have the exact problem on an older
Imac running Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how this has come to be broken.  The readout under the histogram seems to work Ok, but the display of what it is that you are taking a sample from is frozen.

Lightroom Classic version: 13.2 [ 202402141005-bf1aeb84 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-GB
Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.3.1 [23D60]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 49,152.0 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 3,512.5MB / 36,864.0MB (9%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 49,152.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 12,342.0 MB (25.1%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 427,493.3 MB
Memory cache size: 3,580.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.2 [ 1763 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 4056MB / 24575MB (16%)
Camera Raw real memory: 4646MB / 49152MB (9%)

Cache1:
Preview1- RAM:63.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163438_DSC02186.ARW
Preview2- RAM:63.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163017_DSC02173.ARW
Preview3- RAM:22.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163447_DSC02187.ARW
NT- RAM:148.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, Combined:148.0MB

Cache2:
final1- RAM:398.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163447_DSC02187.ARW
final2- RAM:401.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163438_DSC02186.ARW
final3- RAM:398.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 20240224-163017_DSC02173.ARW
T- RAM:1,197.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, Combined:1,197.0MB

Cache3:
m:3,580.3MB, n:240.4MB

U-main: 75.0MB

Standard Preview Size: 3456 pixels
Displays: 1) 3456x2234

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M3 Max
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/jrp/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/jrp/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) DxO PhotoLab 7
4) DxO PhotoLab 7 Importer
5) Flickr
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
7) Radiant Photo

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on a Mac Studio M2 Sonoma 14.3.1 and latest Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on iMac with M1chip running Sonoma 14.3.1 and LrC v.13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography I've just updated to Sonoma 14.4 and the bug still occurs in 14.4... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - can't edit my first reply, but I literally just this second also realised that if you move the eye-dropper off the image (whether it's zoomed out so there is empty space between the image and the panels, or if you're zoomed in to 400% so the image expands beyond the panels), wherever you bring the eye-dropper back into the image area, the zoomed in pixels of the white balance picker will represent the area at which the eye-dropper rejoined the image area..  so it updates the "Pick a neutral target" preview when you come back into the bounds of the image - but just not while you're moving around the image itself.

Also makes no difference which screenmode you're in (full, full with menu etc) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but on a MacStudio M1 Max Sonoma 14.3.1 and earlier.

In the Develop module Basic Panel the White Balance Selector (eye dropper tool) no longer shows the color/shade of the area the tool is put over so you can find the proper target neutral are. It shows in the grid the first place the dropper encounters and cannot be moved around with the grid changing to show and fine tune what is going to be selected by the dropper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to apple OS 14.4 and the issue continues as I described below but can not edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As can be see from the screenshot the enlargment is showing an enlarged area from another photoAs can be see from the screenshot the enlargment is showing an enlarged area from another photo

As you can see in the previous screenshot the enlargment circle is showing an area from another photo that is stuck there. Moving the mouse doesn't change anything as the enlarged area is stuck. The only way to show correct area is scrolling up and down on the trackpad to enlarge or reduce the picked area. Still, after finishing altering the zooming factor the enlarged area gets stuck again with the area picked from the current photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2851.jpgHello guys, I am experiencing this bug on my MacOS with LrClassic v13.2 with CR 16.2. I tried to reset it (with key combination at startup and deleting .plist file) but didn't solve. My WB selector get stuck on the first pixel it touches (on the edge of the image, except if I move it very fast near the center) and there is no way I can select it properly. If i move it, the pixel magnifier tool continues to show the same group of pixel but the RGB values change. Anyone has had the same issue? is there a solution? thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quando utilizzo la pipetta del bilanciamento del bianco di Lightroom la griglia di colori non cambia mentre sposto la pipetta da una parte all'altra dell'immegine. Rimane fissa sui colori che ha incontrato per primi una volta spostato sul fotogramma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64 GB, Sonoma 14.4, Lightroom Classic 13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm new to lightroom and I'm not impressed. At all.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 10.08.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Lightroom Classic 13.2 onmacOS 14.4.1 on 5K iMac2019.

Workaround:

* Move pointer to the pickup area and engage WB (I use "W" to do that) click and proceed.

* It helps to dismiss WB by checking the box in the lefthand corner of the WB toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've had a problem with the white balance color meter for a month now. When I want to measure the color, the pixels that are there do not show up. I am sending a video attachment. System Mac, Macbook pro 14 M3 PRO. Reinstall didn't help. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am noticing an issue with the eye dropper tool.  It is sticking to whatever color it frst hovers over.  It is not consistent with the image and I am having a hard time getting the right RGB info.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate