• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Arrow keys no longer advance to next photo in filmstrip in Develop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use "+" key to go up on the exposure slider it stops my arrow keys from being able to move left and right on the film strip. If I press "+" it does its job and makes the slider go up but it makes it so I can't go left and right using the film strip. However, if I press "-" it works fine and I can still select the next and previous images with the arrow keys.

I've gone back to 13.4 and it works fine so it's clearly the update is the problem. 

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

The team has a bug logged for the behavior.

Workarounds are as follows:
  1. use the mod keys (+/=) next to backspace
  2. use ctrl + arrow keys to change
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
36 Comments
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be, I have the same thing as Ryan, and on both Mac and Windows systems. Try just processing 10 photos in a row, changing the exposure, and moving to the next photo with the arrow, I'm sure it will stop working for you, and why should I pay for some programme when I pay for the ADOB subscription???????? You are talking complete nonsense. Why is version 13.4 working stably?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vitalyn38151610 

Using the '+' key on the keypad causes the problem with the Left and Right keys. Use the '=' key instead of the '+' key on the keypad until it is fixed and you won't have the problem.

What @johnrellis wrote is not nonsense, but there does seem to be a bug in LrC 13.5 which has the above workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, using Sonoma 14.6.1 and Lightroom Classic 13.5.  Arrow keys stop working after using keypad +\- to adjust sliders. If I set back to 0 then I can use arrow keys again.  Super frustrating to use cmd + arrow key to advance to next photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has a bug logged for the behavior.

Workarounds are as follows:
  1. use the mod keys (+/=) next to backspace
  2. use ctrl + arrow keys to change
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vitalyn38151610: "Are you going to tell me how arrows work in lightroom?"

I said no such thing and haven't expressed an opinion about how things should work. Rather, I just laid out facts. I understand you're very upset about this bug, but don't shoot the messenger. Which of these do you think are not true:

- Left arrow and right arrow for advancing to the next image are not documented shortcuts.

- Left arrow and right arrow haven't worked consistently in Develop for many years. For example, if you adjust a Develop slider with the mouse, then on Mac, right arrow will then be ignored, and on Windows, it will move the slider.

- Adobe didn't respond to complaints about that behavior, other than to point to the documented commands Ctrl/Cmd Left/Right Arrow.

- A previous bug with the numeric keypad on AZERTY keypads, acknowledged by Adobe, which impacted high-volume culling and rating of photos by users in France and other countries, hasn't been fixed for many years.

It's encouraging to see that Adobe employee Rikk Flohr has logged an internal bug report about this, but that doesn't guarantee that the product team will prioritize a fix, though I hope they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis  Thank you, I'm sorry, maybe I was rude to you, I'm already talking to Adobe, I sent them a video with the errors, she's not the only one. I hope they'll sort it out, but in the meantime, I've rolled back to version 13.4, it's stable, because it's a big wedding season, I need to work quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm the same problem LrC 13.5 on Windows. In the Develop mode, I can't go back/forward with arrow keys anymore.

I actually have arrows mapped to the mouse keys, so I can no longer move to the previous or next photo on 13.5.

Downgrade to 13.4 helped - workflow works as smoothly as before. Staying on LrC 13.4 for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@osovitskiy 

Map your mouse keys to Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right. Problem solved until the fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug experienced in the latest Lightroom Classic (13.5 Release) on Mac OS* where the keyboard arrow keys become unresponsive in the Develop Module, losing ability to move back and forward between images. Moving through images still works in the Library Module when this bug occurs but not in Develop. Other shortcuts such as Add Rating/Label+Caps Lock still work and move forward 1 image. The arrow keys work as normal again once the application is closed and reopened.

*macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround while waiting for this to be fixed, use - and = on the top row of the keyboard to adjust the sliders rather than + and - on the numeric keypad. Or use the documented shortcuts Ctrl Left Arrow and Ctrl Right Arrow to switch photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. This is a serious issue, and breaks the learned behaviour over 13 years of LR usage for 3 different people in our studio. Please issue a fix for this ASAP. We process 100,000+ images per month in LR, and not being able to use our numeric keyboard as we have been for over a decade is quite insane. 

Macbook Pro M1 Max, Monterey

LR Classic 13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate