• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

P: brush cursors not working on 2011 Mac/MacBook Air (OS X 10.7.x Lion)

Community-Einsteiger ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

I'm running CS5 version 12.0.4 on a 2011 MacBook Air and the brushes do not work when resized between approx 300 - 650 in size. I don't know if this is a bug but the issue occurs in Lightroom as well. Please advise when an update will be issued to fix this. The software is pretty much useless to me with this issue affecting it.

Fehler Behoben

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 2 richtige Antworten

Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018
Howdy Brian,

Ah, now I understand.  I'm sorry.  I didn't follow what you were saying before.  You're talking about Accelerator keys and you're correct.  This was NOT removed on purpose and I've logged a bug to fix it.  This problem appears to have been created with 19.1 and it's Windows only.

Sorry for the headache and we'll get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
David

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012
Apple has released an update for OS X (Lion). Please update OS X to 10.7.3. (Apple menu>Software Update...) It should fix this issue. Let us know if you are still having any issues.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
202 Kommentare
LEGENDE ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Kopiert

Hi, does anybody know if this problem appears in PS CS4 also? I am planing to make downgrade from CS5.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Kopiert

sorry, yes, the same problem exists on my macbook air.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Kopiert

I can't believe it! I bought MBA just for image editing when I'm on the way. :(( OMG

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Kopiert

Ok, the same thing with Aperture 3. How is that possible!?!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Kopiert

Read Dave and Chris's comments. It's an Operating System/Video Driver bug. It affects applications that take advantage of the GPU.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Kopiert

Mam MINI Server (2011 with Intel card), Mac OS Lion, Photoshop CS5 (12.1), WACOM Intuos 4

I have this problem also. Connecting two monitors (one HDMI one Display Port) or even the same monitor two times seems to make it stop.

Waiting for a fix soon.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Kopiert

I'm on the quadcore i7 mini server, running CS4 and 10.7.2. Same brush re-draw problem here. Disabling the OpenGL under PS's preferences helped for me, the brushes have worked like normal since then. Even when working with large 20+ mb camera RAW files. Still not ideal, but an ok workaround for now.

I also only have 4gb ram in it right now, however once I upgrade to 8gb I know it allocates 512 of that (instead of 384 mb) to the integrated video. Not sure if that will help things run a little more smooth, probably won't help too much unfortunately.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Kopiert

Yes, we're all waiting for Apple to fix this one.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

Is it fixed in the 10.7.3 beta?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

With CS5 turning off the OpenGL in setting doen't change a thing (at least on my Mac MINI Server).

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

Found something Interesting:

Workaround for Photoshop

In Photoshop CS5 the bug seems to vanish if the Brush Cursor is set to "Normal" or "Precise". This is pain in the **** to use but at least it's in the right place.

Also when trying to show this bug to a friend through Skype's screen sharing he could see the cursor in the right place when I saw a regular black arrow in the wrong place. Weir, but maybe it'll help to pinpoint the bug.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

This bug also appears in After Effects CS5 when using for example Brush Tool (of sizes bigger than 200px)

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Read Dave and Chris's comments. It's an Operating System/Video Driver bug. It affects many applications that take advantage of the graphics card and OS drivers.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Same Problem on my brand new Mac Mini Server Mid 2011 with Lion preinstalled.

Same problem with Photoshop Lightroom 3.4 Brushes

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

Same cause, and same reply: we're all waiting for Apple to fix it.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Thank you. Unbelievable!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Kopiert

A small update. On one of the posts I read that disabling Open GL drawing in Photoshop CS5 preferences would solve the problem. Of course one loses a host of other maybe not essential Open GL features, but I got my brushes back sort of. They mostly work, especially the essential spotting tool { j } however the stamp or clone tool brush still doesn't work, and the cursor disappears and the effect, as has often been noted in this thread appears below and to the right of where one clicks on the screen... Also, using a second monitor with my MacBookAir did not help the problem.
Good luck to all of us on this one. I can't imagine how to make Apple take this more seriously but it is really serious.
Cheers Lito

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Kopiert

For me, I have to connect a secondary monitor AFTER the booting of my MINI for it to make the bug disappear. If the monitor is connected during boot the Photoshop's brush is still broken even with two monitors connected.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Kopiert

This is not lion specific it is MBP early 2011 specific - which basically means the video card itself. I have a mac pro running lion and I never bump into this issue like I do on my mbp. There's no way to remedy it once it happens. you have to start fresh with a new file. stupid.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Kopiert

I am using Photoshop CS5 on a Mac OS X Lion on a MBP 13" i5 and i am experiencing issues. For some reason when i click the sponge tool photoshop starts to glitch and freeze, the mouse sort of "skips" around the screen and i can't click the toolbar on photoshop. When I use all the other tools it is fine but for some reason when i click the sponge tool it sort of "glitches". If any has any solutions please post! Thanks!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Kopiert

Interestingly enough, trying to grab a screen capture of the problem using Quicktime's built-in recording feature shows the brush painting in the correct position in the recording, although the actual brush painting on the file is still offset as described here.

2011MBP i5 2.3 - 8gb ram - PS CS 5.1 & LR 3.5

Using a i5 Mini with AMD Radeon HD 6630M - no cursor issues.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Kopiert

So when I'm using the Adjustment Brush, I've noticed a problem when adjusting the brush size using the scroll (either mouse or touchpad). It only happens from size 20-35. As I increase the size (using the scroll wheel or touchpad) once it reaches 20 the cursor starts moving to the upper left up until it reaches 35. Once it reaches 35 the cursor goes back to the original location it started at when I was adjusting the size of the brush. I never noticed this bug in any other version prior to this one. Additionally, it starts to get buggy when the brush size is between 20-35. Because the center of the cursor gradually moves toward the upper left, it offsets where the actual cursor is. For example if I click where I place the mouse pointer, it actually starts painting to the lower right. It doesn't do that while I am using any other type of editing brush/tool, when I resize it in the same fashion, it doesn't do the same thing. I don't have the same problem. I'm currently using OS X Lion 10.7.2 and Adobe Lightroom 3.5.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Kopiert

I'm having a problem with brushes in Lightroom on my early 2011 13 "macbook pro. When I activate the brush tool, the cursor doesn't change to the brush tool. When I start painting on a photograph, it doesn't aline with where I'm painting. It paints a little to the right and a little bellow where my cursor is. this is very annoying to say the least...

Vincent

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
LEGENDE ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Kopiert

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Einsteiger ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Kopiert

Great! Until then I've been using the external monitor fix, but it's certainly inconvenient. This will be nice.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden