• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't create a proper Acrobat PDF output file from Print Module in Win 7 (works in XP)

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers: an older XP laptop with lots of applications, and a 6 month old Win7 64-bit dedicated workstation for photography work. Each has Acrobat 10.1.0 and Lightroom 3.4.1 installed.

Sometimes I print proof sheets of batches of photos using Lightroom Print, printing to Adobe PDF.

On the XP, I have never had any difficulty printing to an Acrobat PDF from Lightroom.

On the Win7, I have NEVER been able to print a proper Acrobat PDF from Lightroom. A PDF file is produced which is readable and contains all the expected text appropriately laid out in the expected grid pattern (filenames, page numbers), but it only contains a fraction of the photos, anywhere from zero to a significant percent. Each photo that actually shows up is complete, not partial. If I re-run the print job, sometimes different photos materialize than last time. The number of photos in the batch doesn't seem to make any difference to the result - even tiny batches have the problem.

One more clue -- it takes as long in Lightroom to print to PDF as you would expect, that is, it seems to be rendering each photo appropriately.

I am stumped on how to fix this. I have reinstalled both Acrobat and Lightroom, and over the last 6 months since I got this machine I have been installing point releases of both products, no combination of which have worked for me.

Any tips on what I can do about this?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011
This is a problem with acrobat and unfortunately there isn't a workaround at the moment. The bug is in our database. Sorry for the inconvenience, were working on it.
-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem with acrobat and unfortunately there isn't a workaround at the moment. The bug is in our database. Sorry for the inconvenience, were working on it.
-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much. Just knowing this is an official bug is helpful. I thought it had to be Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate