• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't merge to HDR from collapsed stacks.

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 6.5 update, I can no longer merge to HDR from images in a collapsed stack. 

Previously, I was able to create stacks of images, then collapse the stacks and then I would highlight the stack, and click ctrl+shift+h to perform the HDR merge. Now when I do that same combination on collapsed stacks, I get the error "An internal error has occurred. Unknown errors occurred."

I CAN however select each individual image in an uncollapsed stack and perform the merge to HDR. 

Is this a feature that was purposely taken out of 6.5, or is this an error?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016
This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug.  I had the same issue and found the same work around.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support debugging the new release and then getting the previous version of Lightroom installed.  You can do it yourself.  First, uninstall the app.  To install the earlier version, here's the link:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-mac.html  — scroll down to the lightroom links.  You'll have to start with: version 6.01 and then install each update all the way up to version 6.4.  Do this at your own risk.  You can also contact Adobe and have them do it for you if you're not comfortable doing it: 800-833-6687

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to go through the hassle of downgrading so I'll cross my fingers and hope they fix it soon. Something always breaks with their updates it seems... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround to the bug that will save a few keystrokes: Shift-click on the stack badge in the upper-left corner of the thumbnail -- that will expand the stack and select all of its photos. Then do Ctrl+Shift+H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am able to reproduce the issue and have filed a bug report to have it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a problem with stacking in my 2015.5 release Lightroom CC software.

Before I grouped images into stacks and then selected the stack to combine into HDR or Panorama. Somehow that got broken, probably in the last update.

I now have to open the stack and manually select all the images I want to combine before combining them. That's a lot of extra work when I do this a lot.

Is this a problem with Lightroom CC 2015.5 or is it just on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem with the x.5 version of LR.  You can workaround it by expanding the stack with a SHIFT-CLICK on the stack-badge, which will unstack the photos, but also have them all selected, so it's not too much more work.

As you can see in the thread that your question was merged into, Adobe has acknowledged the bug.  It remains to be seen if it'll be fixed in the x.5.1 emergency fix that should come out shortly or if it'll be fixed in the x.6 version in a couple-three months when new camera support is added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before 2015.5 it was possible to merge (panorama or HDR) photos by selecting a collapsed stack.
In 2015.5 you have to expand and select all images, otherwise the merge results in the somewhat unhelpful message "Unknown errors occurred."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to do an HDR merge on a stack, I receive a message "an internal error has occurred." However this issue does not show up when I merge unstacked images. 

This problem only started with the latest Lightroom update. I am not the only one experiencing this issue, however I cannot find any solution to this bug.

Please fix! This is slowing down my work flow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for this issue will be available in the next release of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kelly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! Great response!

Votes

Translate

Translate