• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Flag & Color Label Shortcut Issues (Specific Languages AZERTY)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter an issue with the latest update (V11) on shortcuts to assign a color label (6,7,8,9).
Those shortcuts won't anymore assign a color label, it will now only remove the color label. 
The shortcut "Assign a color label and go to next photo" (Shift+6 to 9) still work well as previously.
Please fix this adobe, my culling speed depend on it. 
Thanks in advance,

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Setting status - adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
144 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working correctly here.  Try resetting your preferences.

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me although I did reset my preference and even uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom classic. 

Since I upgraded to Mac OS Monterey the keyboard shortcuts 6 to 9 to set a color label are not working anymore. 

When I press any of this shortcuts 

if I want to set a color label I  get the message “remove color label”

if I want to remove a color label I  get the message “set color label”

In both case nothing happens an the color label are not set or unset. 

What’s strange is that I have no issue with the shortcuts 0 to 5 to set a rating. 

If I use the shift + number command (shift + 6 to set a red label) it work as expected that is the label is set and the focus change to the next image (which of cours I do not want, I want to stay on the same image). 

I discover this issue with the last 10 release of LR. The upgrade to LR 11 did not solve the problem. 

My configuration is am Mac mini M1 with macOS 12.0.1

Thanks for your assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC11.0 works fine for me on macos 11.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Mac Mini, OS Monterey. LR 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've check on 3 computers running macOS 12 Monterey, one of which is an M1 Mac mini, and colour labelling is working as expected.

I suggest checking the Shortcut options in macOS System Preferences 'Keyboard' applet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using shortcut for color labeling and it has behaviour like I press it two times, but I pressed it only one time. And in same time it makes set color label and remove it :{ ...I find out, that this is problem when I set my keybord to czech - when I change it to english it works normaly. This is annoying. I work with czech QWERTY.

I applied also Auto advance - and it makes two labels.

Mac MOnterey, Lightroom Clasic 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators

should this be moved to Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem - hopefully will be corrected in next version for november 21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade to LR 11.0.1. It's supposed to fix some bugs but not this one unfortunately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same here for me!!! I tried to re-install but it is still the same even with the lastest update on 12/14/21? Very annoying on my workflow. Please Adobe can fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can only fix what they can reproduce, and there is little info in the posts to date that would help Adobe figure out where the problem might be. Therefore, the following info would help:

Have you tried resetting LrC preferences?

Have you checked that the 6-9 keys haven't been assigned to some other application/function in Keyboard settings?

Have you checked that the various options in the Keyboard Settings section of Accessibility have been inadvertently enabled (e.g. Enable Slow Keys in Hardware)?

Are you using a wired or Bluetooth keyboard?

What language is the keyboard configured for?

Are you using Mac or Windows?

What OS version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some shortcuts get overridden in certain circumstances. Worth checking if any special tools or modes are active.

For example - there may be other special circumstances besides - while a brushed adjustment is active the number keys act to vary the the current brush settings. So 1 sets 10% 'opacity', 6 sets 60%, 0 sets 100%. On exiting this local adjustment tool, the number keys return to acting as they did otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,
Of course I tried resetting LR Preferences, tried uninstall and reinstall, without success.
6 to 9 keys are not assigned to any other function or application. It was working correctly with the previous versions, but not anymore sadly.
I also didn't change anything in the keyboard settings or Accessibility by myself. Can the update change something on this without any actions on my side ?  
I'm using the same classic apple wired keyboard with the numpad, still set for French (AZERTY). On a late 2018 Mac mini with 6 cores i7, on monterey OS. 
Except for the LR update I didn't change anything, it was perfectly working previously.

The problem finally became even stranger than it already was... I just bought a Macbook air M1 few days ago and did a transfer/copy with migration assistant from my Macmini to my M1 macbook air, both on monterey. 
And guess what, it's working fine on my Macbook air but not on my macmini, even if they are identical (perfect copy) on the "system side".

To pull out one's hair...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Working fine on Big Sur, upgraded this morning to Monterey and I have exactly the problem you describe. I have no shortcuts enabled in the system preferences, I am using the magic apple keyboard with bluetooth. 

I also get this jumping forward 2 photos effect when I try "shift+6", the selected photo and its neighbour both get the red label.

The keyboard is configured in French and the OS in English.

Thanks for any help,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas, 

I also noticed the problem as soon as I upgraded to Monterey. I was still running LR 10 then. 

I’m in the exact same configuration that you are : French keyboard and English OS. 

I noticed that if you set the keyboard préférences from an Azerty to a Qwerty keyboard then everything is back to normal. 

So the problem clearly when you pair a non qwerty keyboard with an English OS (may be it’s just an Azerty issue). In any case this setup was working on Big Sur. Wether it’s an Apple or an Adobe issue I can’t tell. Please Adobe investigate !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you retest after configuring the keyboard as English rather than French?

BTw, when I change my bluetooth Apple Magic keyboard with numeric keypad and ID key using Monterey and type 6,7, 8 and 9 on the forum or in an LrC text field I get §è!ç If I use Shift+6 to 9 the correct label is applied to one image only but then auto selects the next image.

Above suggests to me that the issue is probably Monterey rather than Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can add a qwerty keyboard in your preferences and choose that keyboard (of course not very convenient  for a normal usage). Then just restart LR. 

Yes I agree it’s more likely an Apple issue rather then an Adobe issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I need your knowledge to solve a problem under Mac...

I used to use windows and never had a problem like this.

I have a magic Keyboard without a numeric keypad... and I got a Staechi numpad as a gift ^^ I was happy to use numbers easily on lightroom... but......

- It already marks a comma instead of a period, and the "clear" key doesn't work.
- the keyboard shortcuts in Adobe and especially lightroom don't work properly at all. The 1 2 3 4 5 give notes. On the other hand the 6789 just say "delete label (color associated with the key).
- no support for key combinations such as Shift+digit, Cmd+digit...

Adobe doesn't understand where the problem comes from and made me contact Apple, which sends the ball back to Adobe for the following reasons:
- the Numpad Satechi works great under windows (even with key combinations shift, alt etc)
- works on mac only when I put the keyboard in English (but then, I have a QWERTY and not an AZERTY on the magic keyboard --> which is crazy on apple ... impossible to configure only the numpad

I tested a windows numpad under mac : exactly the same problem as with the Satechi...

No answer from Satechi.

Is it usual on mac ??? how to solve this problem ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour,

sur macOS 12.1 - LrC 11.1 - Camera Raw 14.1 :

les touches 6 à 9 n'attibuent pas de libellé couleur

et indiquent le supprimer quand aucun libellé couleur n'est attrribué à la photo

(ou suppriment le libellé couleur lorsque l'on en choisit un différent)

bonne année 2022 à vous tous,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Hello, sur macOS 12.1 - LrC 11.1 - Camera Raw 14.1 :   keys 6 to 9 do not assign a color label  and indicate to delete it when no color label is attributed to the photo   (or remove the color label when choosing a different one) happy new year 2022 to all of you"

In my LR 11.1 / Mac OS 11.6, the keys 6 - 9 correctly toggle the label colors, when Preferences > General > Language is set to both English and Français.  Troubleshooting steps:

1. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

2. If that doesn't help, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the first 10 lines here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now. New macbook Pro M1 max, Mac OS Monterey and newest Lightroom. I have got this issue too with my "Czech" keyboard in system settings. On my previous mac (OS Mojave) this settings was OK. I use external keyboard with numeric pad. I realized, that if I add us keyboard to my system settings and switch to it, Labelling is OK. It is annoying to switch between different keyboard layouts, but temporarily it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis la MAJ LrC 11.2 / MacOS, mes raccourcis clavier de libellé couleur ont disparus. Je retrouve mes libellés couleur par le menu mais pas par mon clavier... quelqu'un aurait-il une idée ?

Merci xxx

©Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème et le "reset" des préférences n'y change rien... avez-vous solutioné le problème de votre côté ?

Merci.

©Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate