• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy/Paste and Sync Features causing photo to haze/gray out after updating LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my LrC to v 12.4 this morning and now when I try to copy/paste settings in the develop tab to a new photo, the new photo is hazed out and flat looking. If I reset the settings and put them in manually, it looks correct, so it has to be an issue with the copy/paste. Please help this is slowing down my work flow tremendously.

PC, Windows 10

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
149 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted I duplicated my earlier post.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brigette Judith , @defaultm6khtg1hk8wo , Could you please provide info about your operating system and the version number of the Lightroom application you are using. See the screen capture.

IMG_0503.png

In addition also provide the Camera module you are using if you are working with RAW images from your camera.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not synchronize all sliders (Exposure and Contrast are different in the second image), so obviously you cannot expect the images to be identical.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has actually found the solution to this annoying issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are seeing this issue, I am trying to collect a little information. 

There were changes made in 12.4 to separate the Point Curve and the Parametric Curve in the Copy/Paste dialog and the Preset Creation dialogs. Additionally, there was a Refine Saturation slider added to the Tone Curve as well. This is a good place to start triage.

For the Presets you are applying or the Copy/Paste &/or Sync settings you are applying is there a Tone Curve component? If yes, then we've probably isolated the cause of the issue and file a bug report. If not, then we will need to get some sample edits that show the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To simply and efficiently compare two photos you could use "Compare Photo Edits" command of this plug-in: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bag-o-goodies#compare-photo-edits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been using Masking in at least one image in the ones you want to sync? This can cause the symptoms you mentioned. When syncing it is best to uncheck masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what my presets are, and it looks fine on the first image, but weird on all the other images. I think it might be the new update 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back in to check this. The system must've been wonky, because exposure and contrast are still the same and they still have the weird haze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I've been experiencing these issues too. I've tried copying and pasting with all the curves deselected and am getting the flattened tone. I've copy-pasted with both curves on, and/or each curve separately checked, but the results then are too contrasty or just inconsistent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent update, whenever I go to copy an images settings and sync them with a bunch of other photos, the other photos are not getting the correct settings. The main images coloring is correct but the other images sync very flat.

Is this a bug issue that LR is correcting? If not, how do we properly sync photos to acheive the main photos editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably related to an issue where images with presets applied are not having the preset portion of the settings copied over correctly. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is exactly correct! This was never an issue until this recent update just a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged to the main thread. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, SAME. What the heck is going on? I hope they fix this ASAP, as I batch edit all photos usually depending on lighting scenario and for quicker turnaround! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIXED IT... MAKE SURE YOU ARE COPYING THE "CURVE" PORTION TOO! It fixed everything for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAKE SURE you are copying the "curve" option too! The new update undid some of my original copy options. Simple fix! 🙂 you're welcome!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jontelcherephotography

I realize you are trying to help us, which is a good thing. But this is too vague for us to understand or use — please state which software and version number you are talking about; then please state the problem clearly, and then provide step-by-step instructions to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me. Preset applied. Coming out hazy/washed out. Please help! Deadline soon.

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 1.49.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A SOLUTION- create a new preset by going to the Preset Bar, not at the toolbar uptop or copying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will then be able to copy and past or sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing glitchy issues with level bars. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. The new Lightroom update... 12.4

Make sure when you copy your settings from an edited photo, that you are selecting the "curve" option too. It's really simple, actually. This is clearly a forum for Lightroom Classic, I apologize, I didn't think I needed to disclose that part. The problem was people copying settings then trying to paste to another photo- however, the photo not looking like the copied photo... appearing sepia tone, or more "muted, flat, grey..."

Laymans terms: when you go to copy an edited photo, a screen comes up with all copying options... some of which are titled "basic, HSL/color, color grading, details, lens corrections" ETC... make sure you are selecting the "curve" option too. If not selected, it is going to throw off your tone/point curve. It's the third option down to copy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure when you copy your settings from an edited photo, that you are selecting the "curve" option too. It's really simple, actually. The new update changed your prior copy settings, it did this to EVERYONE lol. 

Laymans terms: when you go to copy an edited photo, a screen comes up with all copying options... some of which are titled "basic, HSL/color, color grading, details, lens corrections" ETC... make sure you are selecting the "curve" option too. If not selected, it is going to throw off your tone/point curve. It's the third option down to copy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate