• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy/Paste and Sync Features causing photo to haze/gray out after updating LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my LrC to v 12.4 this morning and now when I try to copy/paste settings in the develop tab to a new photo, the new photo is hazed out and flat looking. If I reset the settings and put them in manually, it looks correct, so it has to be an issue with the copy/paste. Please help this is slowing down my work flow tremendously.

PC, Windows 10

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
149 Comments
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz

You should share the file and its XMP.

Send it to me via private message.

I will test it on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I really need your help.

When I want to synchronize my images in LRC to put my preset on a bunch of pictures it just doesn´t work. The "synchronized" images are looking totally different and I just can´t figure out why. I already installed an older version but it´s still not working.

pls send heeeeeelp 😞

cheers, Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julia30123078txi3 

You have stumbled across this issue here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-copy-paste-and-sync-features-causing-photo-t...

@Rikk Flohr: Photography you can perhaps merge this thread with the main one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!!! I downloaded the new lightroom, and I am having an issue copying and pasting edits. After I copy an edit from a photo and then paste it, it is looking completely different from the copied photo. I have attached an example of the photo with the edit and the dehazed one is after I paste it. What do I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with syncing my photos. When I try to copy and paste from an image I just worked on so that the remainder of those set of images look the same, the next line of highlighted photos I've selected to sync look different from the first one. So frustrating!! When will this be fixed and am I the only one having this problem? 

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 1.54.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experienceing glitches on LRC new update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Melony24313555eads, in case you haven't already noticed, there's a workaround in the pinned reply at the top of this thread (into which your post was merged).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated my LR classic to new version 12.4 and everything worked well. But couple of weeks ago appeared a bug: edited photo settings of the sample photo no longer sync with selected raw photos. Instead of the necessary settings, the program inserts the colors taken from  nowhere (although the settings on the settings panel correspond to those on the sample photo, but in fact the photo has completely different colors). I use the "sync" button on the right side of the screen, as always had... 

In the attached screenshot you can see the difference between colours. But settings of the photos might be the same (I've just used the sync option and did everything as I usually do)

I use MACbook pro with 2,6 GHz 6 Intel Core i7 OS 13.4.1 (22F82)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @C.Cella 

I'm sorry, I did not see your reply before. The error I'm describing happens in all my files, Not only the one I showed before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! It worked out for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz 

If the Compare Photo Edits plug-in and the Difference mode in PS say all is the same then all is the same.

You can do a further test in ACR.

Using the portrait example you provided.

Save the VCs as Snapshot(s)

Load in ACR the photo.

Place several Color Samples on it.

Hover over the Snapshot(s) 

The values should match.

If they don't match then some settings are different.

If all settings are alike then you need to share the files with Adobe because ther's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How can I send the file? The same thing is happening to all my files. When I compare them with the suggested plug-in, it tells me that the difference is in the camera profile, but when I look at the images details both appear to have the same profile.

Armagonz_0-1692664084969.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz Send me the files via private message (top right corner in the forums).

You can use a WeTransfer link to send them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @C.Cella 

Thank you for all the suggestions with this issue I am having. It is very strange. Let me summarize again so you do not have to read all the previous messages:

• I am editing an photos from a session I took in 2019. I edited the pictures at that time with the the version of Lightroom that was available. A couple of months ago I tried to edit some additional pictures of that session. And I noticed that when I copied the settings from one picture to another the colors would never match.
  • So, I tried creating a new virtual copy of an already edited photo, I reset all the settings of the virtual copy and copied the settings from the edited photo to the new virtual copy. All the settings would copy just fine but the colors would look different. Below are the two pictures:Screenshot 2023-07-19 122742.jpg

• As was suggested, I tried comparing the settings of both photos using the bag-o-goodies plug-in, and it reported that the "Camera Profile" was different, but in the Profile both photos report "Adobe Portrait"

Screenshot 05.jpg

• So, I made a final test, in the original Photo, the one with the edits, I went and selected it to use Profile "Adobe Portrait", and now the colors are exactly the same as in the newly created virtual copy. As can be seen in the video below. 

So, Lightroom is incorrectly reporting the Camera Profile of the original file, the one I want to extract the edits from. At some point, between 2019 and now, I updated all the pictures to Process Version 6 (Current). I think the upgrade had something to do with this issues with the Camera Profile. Because I am seeing a consistent error with any photos I took before 2020.

I hope this extra information helps solve the issue, can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz Please select the photo + VC when they show the issue.

Then Export as Catalog and share/send it with/to Adobe.

If your files reveal an issue with how settings are synced then it must be tested internally.

If you share it with me first I can give it a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, how can I share it with Adobe? To which address should I send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz Create a bug report in these forums.

Or share link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a ticket but by mistake I created it in the discussion forum. Since I could not move it to the bugs forum, I created a new one, but was merged with the first one in the discussion forums. How can I move it from there to the bugs forum?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/profile-not-working-mismatch-for-old-im...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz  Your post has not been qualified as a bonafide bug and thus remains in Discussions.  The post will be moved when staff or Community Experts can reproduce the issue, and a bug is written in our system.

More information is available at this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-do-i-post-in-discussions-or-bugs/idi-p/13691...

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Armagonz, I replied to the new thread you created:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/profile-not-working-mismatch-for-old-im... 

Best to continue all discussion of your issue there.

Votes

Translate

Translate