• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy/Paste and Sync Features causing photo to haze/gray out after updating LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my LrC to v 12.4 this morning and now when I try to copy/paste settings in the develop tab to a new photo, the new photo is hazed out and flat looking. If I reset the settings and put them in manually, it looks correct, so it has to be an issue with the copy/paste. Please help this is slowing down my work flow tremendously.

PC, Windows 10

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
149 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures. We need to see the original image and its slider positions, and then the image with the copied edits, and its slider positions.

Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your photos in your reply. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 5.24.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 at 5.24.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said that when you click sync, you "made sure all the settings I want are checked off."

Perhaps there are some settings you did not check that are causing this? I would suggest that you experiment by checking "All" and seeing if that resolves it. There may be some settings in other sections beyond the "Basic" panel that are contributing to the appearance of your original image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue about the curves settings not being selected when you do a copy settings/select all. I'm merging your post to an existing thread about it. Let us know if it helps. 

Basically, when you select all settings you need to check the curves box manually. This will be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your steps and synced my photos and checked my curve boxes but nothing has worked. My photos are still copy and pasting to some grey overlay instead of the preset I've created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brendon29230052r1tc 

Comapre the edits in your photos

LrC doesn't offer this fucntion so the quickest way to do it is to use this Plug-in : Bag-o-goodies - Compare Photo Edits

LrC doesn't allow to view the setting in a Preset so the quickest way to know them XMP in a text editor and read them.

Lots of users here would not have had this problem if LrC could copy/sync/preset modified Settings like ACR.

Vote the FR 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help. I set the preset on one photo and after copying it to the other photos they become completely different than the original ones. the problem appeared after updating LR and changing the computer. Maybe you have an idea what could be wrong? All the necessary options for synchronization are selected, there are no masks 😞 This makes it very difficult to work 😞 Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sylwia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the same issue as in this posting: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-copy-paste-and-sync-features-causing-photo-t...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are not copying just save the preset and add the saved preset does it change again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, when I synchronize edits in Lightroom, they don't all get pasted in the new photo. How do I make this work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to copy and paste my edits or use the sync function the edits are not copy properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i usually edit the first image with my preset then i copy and paste to other images but it doesnt seem to copy exactly the same as it used too. I have tried re setting preferences but it still not working! what has gone wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use curves? Curves are not selected by default, so check that they are when you copy. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-copy-paste-and-sync-features-causing-photo-t...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed it for me. i was pretty worried for a minute there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have the same issue and it is not restricted only to the Copy / Paste Settings function, this happens also if I use the Sync Settings function. This started happening with the last version, here are the steps I followed:

1. Created 2 virtual copies of an image.
  2. Modified a virtual copy to my liking
  3. Used "Sync Settings" in the library to copy all the settings to the second virtual copy and the colors look different. 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 122742.jpg

I checked all the parameters between the two images and all are the same. Crop, healing, masks and all the other settings appear fine, but the colors look different.

In the screenshot, the image on the left is the one I modified, the image on the right is the vitual copy I "Synced Settings" to.

I also noticed a new behavior for the preset "Adaptive Portrait -  Polished Portrait" it completely changes the "HSL / Color" Module values, where other "Adaptive Portrait" filters create the masks and apply the changes only to the masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz if the settings are identical then there is no difference.

To further verify export VC 3 and VC as TIFFS in photoshop (same color space)

Put one image above the other and then use Difference blend mode.

No difference should appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic just updated to the 12.4 version on my MacOS Monterey 12.6.7. I can no longer copy and paste and get the same resutls on the photo... it seems like it might be copying and pasting evrything except the preset. Which is extremely unhandy because now i have to individually edit each picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion but I still have not been able to figure this out...

I tried comparing them in Photoshop as suggested, when using the difference blending mode the outcome was black. Here are the two images and it is quite clear that the colors are different between them. They appear different in LR, in PS and in any export I do from LR.

_DSC5651-VC1.png_DSC5651-VC2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue, when I copy settings from one picture to another, the colors look different; selecting the "Curve" settings does not solve it.

This started happening with the last version, LrC 12.4 . I initially thought it was because I was working with different pictures of the same session, so I decided to try with virtual copies to ensure that it was exactly the same file and it was not me doing something wrong. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Created 2 virtual copies of an image.
  2. Modified a virtual copy to my liking
  3. Used "Sync Settings" in the library and selected "Check All" to copy all the settings to the second virtual copy, all setting copied correctly but the colors look different.

Here are my settings for copying the settings:

Screenshot 00.jpg

Here are the exports of the two virtual copies after copying all of the settings:

_DSC5651-VC1.png

_DSC5651-VC2.png

Here are screenshots of the settings for both virtual copies to confirm they have exactly the same settings:

Screenshot 01.jpgScreenshot 02.jpgScreenshot 03.jpg

Even though both VCs have exactly the same settings, the histograms look a little different, this is telling me that some values at not being applied correctly

Screenshot 04.jpg

Any suggestions other than reset the preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armagonz

Please compare the edits using this Plug-in: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bag-o-goodies#compare-photo-edits.

If you could share that file, even privately, we and Adobe could test the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the suggested plug-in and it says that the only difference is the "Camera Profile": 

Screenshot 05.jpg

When looking at the details in the develop module both have the same Profile "Adobe Portrait" in the same amount. I have tried changing it to another profile and back to Adobe Portrait, but the issue persists, the colors still look different.

Screenshot 06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ola! Estou tendo esse problema no Lightroom mobile e Classic Desktop 12.4

Ao tratar as fotos, as cores ficam perfeitas, porém, quando eu copio as configurações e colo nas próximas fotos, as cores ficam totalmente diferentes. O que fazer?

Votes

Translate

Translate