• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy/Paste and Sync Features causing photo to haze/gray out after updating LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my LrC to v 12.4 this morning and now when I try to copy/paste settings in the develop tab to a new photo, the new photo is hazed out and flat looking. If I reset the settings and put them in manually, it looks correct, so it has to be an issue with the copy/paste. Please help this is slowing down my work flow tremendously.

PC, Windows 10

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
149 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure when you copy your settings from an edited photo, that you are selecting the "curve" option too. It's really simple, actually. The new update changed your prior copy settings, it did this to EVERYONE lol. 

Laymans terms: when you go to copy an edited photo, a screen comes up with all copying options... some of which are titled "basic, HSL/color, color grading, details, lens corrections" ETC... make sure you are selecting the "curve" option too. If not selected, it is going to throw off your tone/point curve. It's the third option down to copy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure when you copy your settings from an edited photo, that you are selecting the "curve" option too. It's really simple, actually. The new update changed your prior copy settings, it did this to EVERYONE lol. 

Laymans terms: when you go to copy an edited photo, a screen comes up with all copying options... some of which are titled "basic, HSL/color, color grading, details, lens corrections" ETC... make sure you are selecting the "curve" option too. If not selected, it is going to throw off your tone/point curve. It's the third option down to copy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue as everyone and your tip on selecting "curve" was the game changer. That did the trick and now I am copying and pasting like nothing happened haha. Thank you because I was getting so frustrated lol. Bless you! haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That fixed it! You're a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i got the information from support an to sync the "Curve" fixed my issue too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have had this issue before, but resolved it up until recently. Back in December my Lightroom had a bug where the sync settings or copy/paste would not properly apply to the next photo. All synced or pasted settings looked dull, washed out, or filmy. I was able to resolve this issue by selecting an older catalog of lightroom, which I tried again and did not work. I tried using Lightroom's automated chat, which directed me to an online agent, which left then chat when I showed them the issue. All of my images are shot in RAW and imported directly to Lightroom CC. This has never been a problem until the blip in December and now. The current Catalog is Lightroom Catalog-v12-6.lcrat. 12.4 Release, camera raw 15.4. 

I've uploaded screenshots as an example of the issues. The settings displayed for both images are exactly the same, before & after, but do not turn out similar at all. The left, or more colorful image is correct. Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 1.39.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-18 at 1.38.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem that you wrote up a bug report before checking the forum for posts with the same or similar issue. It just so happens that not only are there other similar reports since 12.4 release, and the reason for it has also been idenified. The first of links that I've provided below may proove the most helpful.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-copy-paste-feature-causing-photo-to-h...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/copy-setting-not-working-i-got-a-soluti...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/copy-setting-doesn-t-copy-preset-togeth...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Many people post in this forum for problems with Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge and other software. It is important to specify exactly what software you are using, and what version number, every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Venkatesh Penjuri
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply a preset to a photo and adjust to my preference - then I select the next photos and go to sync them the preset will not sync. It applies a preset but not the one I'm trying to apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presety po skopiowaniu i wklejeniu na inne, podobne zdjęcie nie działają. Zupełnie inny efekt zdjęcie jest płaskie i wyblakłe. Po zapisaniu presetu i użyciu również nie działają. Mam najnowszą wersję Lightroom, presety xmp. O co może chodzić?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you apply presets to images that have been exposed differently, the results will be different. Even if they are similar.
Presets are just a base from which individual edits must then be made.

For a better understandig you should post screenshots to show your issue.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status - adding bug number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you’re selecting the “curve” option when you copy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Venkatesh Penjuri in some cases when LrC is under stress it will copy/sync/paste the penultimate ticked settings and not the ultimate ticked settings.

It is required to "Check None" and then re-select the desired settings to copy/sync.

It is rare but it has always been happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me.  Here's the fix!  When the sync settings box opened, I found that the CURVES box was unchecked.  I checked the box and then it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they did the update they unblocked everyone’s “curve” option. It’s that simple- make sure you’re copying the “curve” options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a problem with my Lightroom  C version 12.4 release update.

When I tried to copy my presets then paste on a new photo it wont work.

I tried to resets the preference but still the same.

Please help!

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I don't know if I hit a setting or something, but ever since I updated Lightroom 2 days ago, my tone curve won't sync to multiple photos.  This is slowing down editing.  What should I look for to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Make sure that you've got all three Curve boxes checked:

johnrellis_0-1687311034514.png

If this doesn't help, then please describe the precise steps you're taking to sync settings: which menu item or button you're clicking, a screenshot (not a phone pic) of the settings window, whether you in Develop, Library Grid (many thumbnails) or Loupe (one large image), how many photos are selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kimpphotography You can use Auto Sync or you can use Copy Settings Plug-in  by @johnrellis

I recommend the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Even after I went back to 12.3 this now keeps happening... absolutely helpless as I cannot work like this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic 12.4. 

There appears to be a glitch when copying settings from one photo to another. I can click copy, and have the options of which settings to copy, but when I click paste on another photo, it copies what looks like a different one of my presets. The photo does change, but it is not the correct settings that are being applied. 

Any advice on how to fix gratefully received! 

[moved from bugs to discussions according to community rules - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, presets are a way to apply settings changes but are not themselves settings. So, if a certain preset has applied (say) a certain value for Contrast and for Clarity - and then the same Contrast and Clarity are transferred onto another photo, the effect of those same Contrast and Clarity may look different depending on other settings of the target photo. Most importantly, if it uses a different camera profile but also, its other settings that are not being overwritten by this operation.

Perhaps you could try applying the preset in question to this other photo, and see if this makes the two photos more similar. Often the same adjustments from one photo cannot quite achieve the same effect on another, for example if Raw based / camera JPG based - or even, from different cameras.

So we need to work visually not programmatically.

That's not to say adjustments cannot be applied in the batch, but IMO that's best done dynamically as you go along, and not trying to do so all in one go at the end. So I prefer AutoSync - or applying presets onto multiple photos - over a later Copy/Paste approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate