• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy/Paste and Sync Features causing photo to haze/gray out after updating LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my LrC to v 12.4 this morning and now when I try to copy/paste settings in the develop tab to a new photo, the new photo is hazed out and flat looking. If I reset the settings and put them in manually, it looks correct, so it has to be an issue with the copy/paste. Please help this is slowing down my work flow tremendously.

PC, Windows 10

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Hi, In LrC 12.4, the 'Curve' settings in the copy/create preset/synchronise dialog box is not selected by default. Please select the checkbox to include Tone curve settings. This will be a one-time thing, once you select the 'Curve' checkbox, it will stay selected till you uncheck it manually. We will fix this bug. Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
149 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, when I make a preset from an image everything seems/looks like normal. But when I go to a different image, even in the same set, and apply that preset, it looks completely different, even though the settings within the preset are the correct ones. What has happened? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who said to check the curve option in the copy settings box! It worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having issues, and its been since i have just done the lastest update - i have always created my edit on an image, added my presets etc - and then i usually 'copy' and move to the next image and 'paste' that edit to speed up my work flow.  But since latest update - its not working for me, it will say it has pasted the new edit over, but it looks like a transparent film is put ontop of the photo and its defintly not the same as the edit on the previious image.  

before i uninstall, is anyone able to help.  

Im stuck

Ive tried create my edit as a new preset, and that doesnt even work, or change
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.30.42 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.30.25 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.30.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.32.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem too! Mine creates a brown film look on top of my synced edited photos and I have tried everything to fix it. Still no luck, so I am interested to hear how to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware this is a known bug in LrC 12.4. The workaround for now is to make sure you have options "Tone curve - Parametric curve - Point curve" selected in the dialog. See the last screenshot you posted.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to edit my RAW photos in LrC version 12.4 (most updated version), I click on presets I have already made, those look ok.  I then go to tweak things here or there on the photo and save it as a new preset which works fine, however when I try to apply it to a new photo it looks completely different, almost faded and not at all what I  saved the preset as. See attached- yes I have closed and opened a different catalog and exited out completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like its a tone curve issue- nothing is transfering to tone curve.. how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make the preset, make sure you've got all three curve boxes checked:

johnrellis_0-1688000766244.png

Adobe has acknowledged a bug with that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-copy-paste-and-sync-features-causing-photo-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been asked over and over to allow to compare settings between photos.

Users affected by this issue should try/use the Compare Edits plug-in (which alas works only on two images): http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bag-o-goodies#compare-photo-edits

The plug-in will tell you exactly what edits are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.4

macOS Monterey 12.6.6

I am editing an image, then selecting more and trying to sync the edits to other images.  It will not copy the edit.  It changes it to some yellowed washed out image, yuk!!  How do i fix this?  I have a whole wedding to edit and doing each one separetly is crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I am editing an image, then selecting more and trying to sync the edits to other images."

Your original subject said "autosync", but did you really mean Auto Sync:

johnrellis_0-1688180567048.png

or regular Sync:

johnrellis_2-1688180817029.png

If you meant regular Sync, then make sure all three Curve boxes are checked:

johnrellis_3-1688180857746.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR thanks to a subset is possible to automatically check the modified settings and copy/sync/preset them.

LrC should have that option as well.

LrC users should not have to waste their time and be required to check the active setting(s) one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy-paste settings are not working correctly. And it causes a lot of problems in post-processing. It takes a lot of time to edit one whole catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give precise details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Curves are selected in the copy dialog... Merging to main thread on this oft reported issue. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've made a couple presets for a photoshoot I did recently but when I go to apply these presets to the rest of the photos the HSL and some other settings are not being pasted with it. It is not the different light situations in each photo because I did this in a studio session so all of the photos are lit the same. I can't figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, when I copy my edit on a photo to paste to one or a series of photos within Lightroom Classic the paste function will paste, but it will paste the edits with faded colour (not looking the same) All the sliders are pasted, but the image is faded. Not sure why this is happening as it wasn't happening when I first downloaded Lightroom Classic. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? It makes editing each picture individually a really long process. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have visuals I can go off of to fix this problem, if you are talking about when you click on the copy button and select "Curve" then I've already done that and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the post I linked to in my previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, make sure you all check the curve box in the copy menu, I'm guessing after the update Adobe unchecked it as a default setting and you'll have to make sure it's checked when you copy all your previous adjustments before pasting it to your other images! 👍🏽

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the goal is to paste the previous settings then tis faster to use the "Paste Settings From Previous" option than copy from the source and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am currently having an issue with the batch editing in my LrC. This is my first time ever encountering this issue. I edit my first image the way I want it, then I select all the images I want to have the same settings. From the Library window I then click Sync and make sure all the settings I want synced are checked off. Once its done "syncing" the image looks nothing like the one I copied the settings from. It looks dull and lack luster yet all the settings on the editing panel are the exact same as the first image I edited.

This is going to slow down my workflow immensely if I don't get this figured out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate