Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: crashes on export of JPEG's

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical Information: Lightroom Classic Version 8.4.1
Operating on an Apple MacBook Pro 2016, 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 With macOS Catalina 10.15

Description: Normally exporting jpeg's as I do, and it crashes for no reason. I have to foce quit the application and hard restart the computer for me to be able to boot Lightroom again. Very strange issue. My friend is having the same issue on his older MacBook. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to export many photos....

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk

GPU is on auto.  I think the problem may be when I create a new folder in the export window to export the files to - if I export to an existing folder the export seems to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a good clue. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem lately as well. I am exporting to an already existing folder, and I have gpu acceleration set to auto. I got an adobe crash report pop up just now but lightroom didn't actually crash as I was only exporting 5 files. I went ahead and submitted it but I'm not sure that is representative of the real issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any progress on this? I have the same problem of crashing on export and have tried the solutions suggested here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the only solution is to switch over to Capture One. I did this half a year ago when Adobe caused this problem with a Lightroom update. Since that Adobe gives a sh** about the macbook users with this specific problem. I am more than happy with Capture One! Looking for a Photoshop replacement now. I already switched from Premiere to Final Cut Pro and absolutely love FCPX.

Votes

Translate

Translate