• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashes upon clicking on a Video file

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom crashes everytime I click on a video file (MP4), attached is the video of the crashes. I have send a crash report 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

For well over a year now, in my experience, under macOS Catalina, 10.4 is the lastest useable version.  I wish Adoble would just admit ending Catalina support, because at this point seems foolish to expect any assistance on this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

I guess the issue will remains since for us who has an older Mac we cannot update the OS 

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 16.15.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 LR updated to 11.5 but Error still persist, report done via LR 

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 13.39.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#Update# Updated to Version 11.5 error still persist although was told as fix Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 13.39.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

sorry to tell, but the bug persists in LR 11.5 as of today.

Best regards, Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

I have the same problem in LRC 11.5 on an iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7

When I want to open any video file the system immediately crashes.

When is Adobe fixing this severe problem?

I cannot use LRC for videos anymore.

Thx for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all, 

Have been following this thread for a few days as I've lately been experiencing similar problems either importing video files taken by my DJI Mini 3 drone. Some files did get imported without any issues, but some are accompanied with an error message and not viewable. They are a mix of fairly low rez 720P screen captures all the way to UHD 4K videos.

The very same files that LR Classic is having problems with I'm able to view by opening them directly in Finder and using QT to play. 
I've applied the troubleshooting steps suggested regarding the Dynamiclinkserver and clearing video caches, restarted LR and my laptop each time and ensured that all updates are applied

In my case this phenomenon only seems to affect my oldish MBP, but it only started to manifest itself in the last month or so. Thankfully my other newer computer does not seem to have this issue. I import all my photos and videos to both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With reference to most other replies for a possible answer, I've tried opening the offending file in Finder and they work perfectly. Its only when I try opening them in LR when there's a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know that Lightroom is not meant for video editing, but it works for cataloging, and in this day and age where many of us shoot both stills as well as video it makes sense to catalog them together, but its very annoying if I can't even take a peek at the contents to add keyword tags. All editing is done in a dedicated video editing program so there's no load on LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the issue will remains since for us who has an older Mac we cannot update the OS 

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 16.15.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For well over a year now, in my experience, under macOS Catalina, 10.4 is the lastest useable version.  I wish Adoble would just admit ending Catalina support, because at this point seems foolish to expect any assistance on this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate