• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Double arrow cursor over panels

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move the cursor from the Library grid view to the Keyword List in the right hand panel the cursor picks up and locks on to the horizontal double headed arrow used to change panel width. It doesn't change to the normal cursor as it should.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have read around the forums, this is a known bug and is receiving appropriate attention from the Lightroom Team. I would hazard a guess that it will be corrected in a point release, along with other bug squashing things.

Anthony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. RC2 didn ́t fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in final release and quite annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again one of those irritating bugs that can be fixed in minutes and that remain forever at the bottom of the priority list because the top guns have more important things to do.

I suggest that Adobe hire a developer dedicated to minor bug fixing. This would make a lot of customers happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I also have the problem with the right panel, not only with the left panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving the mouse cursor from over the picture to over the preset list, instead or being a regular mouse pointer it is horizontal two headed arrow, LR4 RC2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in LR4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Still not fixed in LR4.2

After a while, when a bug is not fixed early enough, it acquires the status of "permanent bug". It's no longer a bug, by the way, it's a part of the product, something that makes the product different. It is now history. It will be there in version 5, 6,... forever.

It's like a Leica camera which has known flaws that nobody will want to fix because if they fix these problems, it will no longer be a Leica camera.

Lightroom has a significant number of permanent bugs. Complaints about these are stacking up with time (sometimes years) but they are definitely removed from the todo list, merely ignored. At least, this is the feeling that the users may have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the problem as well.

It gets fixed if we pass the mouse over the keyword box again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Patrick, it doesn't get fixed as such, regrettably this is just a workaround and Adobe still need to sort this problem out.

Anthony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4.3 version has this bug still

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If still present with LR 5 Adobe will not see my money. Will do the trial version for sure before purchasing the upgrade.
This is a so little bug, but really a pain in the a-doubel-s every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5 Beta still has this behaviour. Not a bug, as you said, but really annoying. And very easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unreal! September 2013 still happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, still present here with LR 5.3. Ugh, seriously Adobe, do you not QA your software on Windows at all..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(OP: also can you please change the title of the bugreport, as it concerns not only LR4 but also LR5... as well as possibly the upcoming LR6..?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes seems to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. Not fixed at all! Congratulations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens if you move your mouse fast ( though normal use , I think)
If you move the mouse slowly ( not normal use) it does not happen.
So let's say , in LR6 it is not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if I don't use the right terms when explaining my problem.
Here is my scenario. When I am in the Library in Lightroom, for example, I have a number of pictures displayed in the middle of my screen. I have my keywords section in the right panel expanded so that I can click a picture to highlight it and then move my mouse to the right to click off the keywords in the list to add them. As I move the mouse right and left over the dividing line between the library and the right panel, the mouse doesn't change to the "single" arrow, rather it stays an arrow that points left and right. This is the arrow that it changes to when you want to drag that dividing line to make the panel wider or narrow. I can have my pointer as a single arrow and then click to select a picture and then move my mouse right very fast to the keyword area and as soon as it crosses that dividing line, it becomes this double sided arrow pointer. If I move the mouse right and left extremely fast, then most of the time it will be a single arrow when I mouse over the keywords. But I shouldn't have to move the mouse that fast in order to have a proper looking arrow. By the way, I can still click to add the keywords with this double sided arrow. Even as I move up and down over the keywords to select different keywords, the arrow won't change back to a single arrow until I move back over the pictures to select a new picture. Then it is a single arrow until I move back over to the keywords. I would like to point out that this has been the behavior since since I started using v5 with Win7. I have reinstalled and started from scratch a few times and now that I have Win10 and a clean install and new database using the Creative Cloud, I still see it. I hope I explained the issue so that you understand what I am seeing. I also hope that you can resolve this issue soon. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Very old problem. Never fixed and probably will never be. I use to name such bugs "perpetual bugs". They have been reported multiple times since years, Adobe never cared, and now they belong to history. Without them, Lightroom would no longer be Lightroom. One of these days, they will be called features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed!
Cursor is a 'Double-arrow' when crossing fast onto Folder Panel.
It occurs randomly when moving mouse cursor from grid to Folder panel.
It occurs more frequently when mouse movement is fast.
It does not occur when I move the mouse very slowly across the panel border.
Cursor defaults back to 'pointer' and stays if it moves over the desktop and back onto the Lightroom folder panel.

Windows-10 i7 4-core 16Gb RAM
Lightroom-CC 2015.2.1
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed after all these years. I can't believe it. Programming the mouse is one of the first things you learn when developing for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.
And still just as irritating...

Edit to add: wow - five years old!  Really?!

Votes

Translate

Translate