Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit in PS renders with lens correction removed

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue when I edit images from Lightroom in Photoshop. I have applied a lens correction profile in Lightroom. When I open the image to edit it in Photoshop, the lens correction is no longer applied.

I found a couple other past posts with this or similar issues and the only suggested solution was to roll back Camera Raw. However, having just updated PS to v24 and upgraded my LR catalog to v12 (and done lots of work in it), there's nowhere to roll back to without going back a major release (and losing lots of work in LR).

I'm using:

LR 12.0.1

PS 24.0.0

Camera Raw plugin v15.0.0.1264

Windows 10 v22H2

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further information from me.

Thanks,

John

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

I was able to replicate this and have logged a bug with the team - thanks for the report. 

Workaround: Open as Smart Object appears to function correctly. You could use that and then rasterize the layer in PS.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to replicate this and have logged a bug with the team - thanks for the report. 

Workaround: Open as Smart Object appears to function correctly. You could use that and then rasterize the layer in PS.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using "Open as Smart Object in Photoshop" as a workaround, but I'm having the same issue - lens corrections are not applied.

Further, I tried opening the smart object in Camera Raw. Under "Optics" there is a small warning, "Unable to load lens profile." The checkboxes for "Remove chromatic aberration" and "Use profile corrections" are both checked, but no lens profile is selected. If I try to manually select it (Canon EF70-200 f/2.8 L IS II USM), nothing happens after I select Canon as the Make (the drop-down reverts to None) and I am unable to select the Model or Profile. I am able to select lens profiles from other manufacturers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photographyany thoughts on this difficulty with the suggested workaround? This seems like it could be a separate issue, as it appears to be specific to Canon profiles in Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  Any update here? Workaround still not working. When should we expect a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone following this, the recent releases of LRC (12.1) & PS (24.1) appear to have resolved this issue, even though it's not mentioned on the list of resolved issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate