• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new one even though nothing was edited

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom 11.5 (on mac os catalina 15.7) when i export an image, i select watermark in the export window, then choose 'edit watermark' and then i can select my different watermarks to see which one fits best. In 11.5 whenever i choose a different watermark, it changes to 'edited' and i have to save it with a new name in order to select it. In 11.4.1 and earlier versions, i could select one of my watermark presets that i wanted and click 'done' and that watermark would be applied.

The workaround is to see what watermark fits the image best, then cancel (for i do not want to save a watermark preset that i have and that i have not made any changes to), then choose cancel, and then in the export window, scroll to the watermark i want in the watermark drop down window.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Catalina was version 10.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is OS 10.15.x. Her Catalina version is 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the problem, I think it's an issue with compatibility. The new update doesn't recognise old png's so I saved it again in photoshop and now it works. Im not sure why but this fix worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème ! Avez-vous trouvé une solution ? Merci de votre retour 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem.

Please see here: edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new one... - Adobe Support Community - 13162668

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently have run into a problem on the latest version of Lightroom. I am running Lightroom on  a Mac 16-inch 2019. When I try to export a picture with my personal watermark an error pops up saying "Some export opertions were not performed, Watermarking Failed.(1)" with the picture that I am exporting listed. I have never ran into this error with my watermark before. It has been working perfectly until recently. Just wanted to know a solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm havibg the same problem on all exports after update to 11.5

This is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je suis equipe de la version LR Classique 11.5. depuis 2 jours, lorsque j'exporte mes fichiers avec un filigane logo PNG, il apparait bien sur l'editeur d'exportation, mais n'apparait plus lorsque la photo est exportée.Je ne comprends pas pourquoi, alors qu'avant ca fonctionnait trés bien.J'ai essaye de recreer des nouveaux parametre d'export, mais ca ne fonctionne toujours pas.A noter que ca fonctionne avec une signature texte.Pouvez vous m'aider?Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intersting, that didn't work for me.  The original .png file would not show up as a watermark no matter how many times I deleted and remade it.  I had to open my watermark .png file in photoshop and save it again under a new name.  Then I could I make a watermark that would show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essayez d'ouvrir le filigrane avec photoshop, changez le nom, et "SAVE" gardez le. Puis essayez de l'utiliser avec Lightroom. Ce truc a marche pour plusieurs personnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je vais attendre aussi... mettre à jour + de 40 filigranes alors que tout se passe bien avec la V11.4.1 , attendons voir une 11.5.1 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, your support is great!Every things is OK now, Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, J'ai désormais le même problème. Avez-vous la solution ? Merci d'avance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not work, its says access is forbidden

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jean michele36743001, if you're using graphic watermarks (e.g. with a PNG file), see if this workaround helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-edit-watermark-lightroom-11-5-must-sa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Un immense MERCI pour votre aide. Votre solution fonctionne parfaitement ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci ! ça fonctionne aussi chez moi ! Encore merci !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud updated today on my Mac and now I have this same problem, wont export and I get the same error. Adobe need to fix this pronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having trouble exporting watermarked photos in LR? The photos without watermark are not a problem, but I do the same operations with the same settings as before when exporting with watermark. And yet I keep getting the message below...

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-16 om 17.52.56.png

However, the watermark is of a regular client and therefore already often used.
I've tried to use another existing watermark, to re-export the watermark as a png file from psd, change my settings,... but obviously I haven't found the solution yet. Anyone who knows the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,
Les filigranes graphiques ne marche plus lors d'une exportation sur la version 11.5.

Le filigrane graphique apparait bien dans la fenetre de modification des filigranes, mais n'apparait pas sur la photo exportée?
Avez-vous une idée?
Cordialement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem.

Please take a look here: P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new ... - Adobe Support Community - 13162668

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate