• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new one even though nothing was edited

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom 11.5 (on mac os catalina 15.7) when i export an image, i select watermark in the export window, then choose 'edit watermark' and then i can select my different watermarks to see which one fits best. In 11.5 whenever i choose a different watermark, it changes to 'edited' and i have to save it with a new name in order to select it. In 11.4.1 and earlier versions, i could select one of my watermark presets that i wanted and click 'done' and that watermark would be applied.

The workaround is to see what watermark fits the image best, then cancel (for i do not want to save a watermark preset that i have and that i have not made any changes to), then choose cancel, and then in the export window, scroll to the watermark i want in the watermark drop down window.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new ... - Adobe Support Community - 13162668

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. very frustrating and ive been searching the internet for fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an old link from 2020. Try this YouTube video in French

C'est un ancien lien de 2020. Essayez cette vidéo YouTube en français

https://youtu.be/eCJffsGGwvU

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version : Lightroom 11.5

Computer : Macbook Pro // MacOs Monterey Version 12.6

Since yesterday at night, when I want to export photos, the watermark is visible when I try to edit it but when the photos are exported, there is no watermark applied on the pictures. 

This is the first time I've had this problem. 

Can you help me please ? 

Thank you,

Perle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue, I have been using the exact same graphic watermarks with Lightroom Classic for years, the graphic files are still in the same location, but all of a sudden they stopped being included as part of exported photos. 

Same LR version: 11.5

Also on a Macbook pro, but i am on Mac OS Monterey 12.5.

This is extremely annoying, I am a professional photographer and have to share photos on social media each week but cannot do this without watermarking my images. 

Counting on Adobe to fix this bug asap.

Nicolas REMY - https://www.nicolaslenaremy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa, where could you find the permission to access that folder please? I have the same issue as EsveeSeanVee > I deleted all my watermarks and added a new one but it still doesn't work. I need to deliver images with a watermark for my clients urgently and I don't know how I can solve this issue... 

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-21 om 16.00.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images that I have used for watermarks quit working with the last update for Lightroom Classic (v 11.5). When first opening the updated version I received a message about changing permissions in my System Preferences (Mac Monterey v 12.6) for LR to access the folder where the images are kept, and did that, but it still will not put the image watermarks on the images I export from LR classic.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have regularly used the export with watermark feature in LR, and have several PNG files with logos and signatures as watermark.  This feature, with a PNG file watermark, works fine when I revert to release 11.4, but in 11.5 no watermark is visible in the exported JPG image file when I use a PNG (graphic) watermark.  A text based watermark works fine in both 11.4 and 11.5.

---

macOS Monteray version 12.6, on Mac Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.  Hope they are able to fix the issue quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the last version of LrC and I used png image as watermark since yesterday. Now, suddendly, it doesn't work anymore. I tried to delete and recreate watermarks, changed size and resolution of images, even created a new project to give it a try but, still, nothing appear as watermark on my exported jpeg. Can you please help me? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, A lot of people are having this issue, however not all.I personally tried various of my watermarks and had no issues. So as I understand it, Adobe is trying to fix the intermittent (working for some and not for others) problem.  I found these links from others trying to help those with the same watermark issue.   

Possible

workarounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lr-11-5-and-watermarks-not-displayed-re...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/edit-watermark-lightroom-11-5-must-save... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je viens d'essayer, et ça ne fonctionne pas chez moi 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am trying to export now, without watermark (as I have never used this feature) and now it's saying that it won't export because watermarking failed, when I have not even checked the watermarking box. LRC updated just now before I started editing. Tips?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-error-message-unable-to-export-watermark... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. I will check them out later as I am on the toad now and will look at my photos and the LE issue again in a day or teo. Will upythe group if the suggestions work but glad to know that others face the same issue.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I watermark the pictures on Lightroom Classic when i export these. But for the past few months the watermark isnt working. I havent changed any settings and the watermark icon is ticked withe the right watermark image but this is still nor working.

Can you help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these graphic watermarks or text watermarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a PNG Graphic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open the png with the watermark in Photoshop and save it again. Then importing this "new" file into Lightroom as a watermark. Please check.

More infos you'll find here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-edit-watermark-lightroom-11-5-must-save-as-n...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me with LrC 11.5 on Mac Monterey.
Creating new watermark specs was not enough.

I had to re-save each of my graphics in Photoshop, then create new watermarks in LrC.

This fixed watermarks for both Export and publishing to Flikr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you make sure your software is the latest version?

This issue seems to affect different users in different ways!!

Votes

Translate

Translate