• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new one even though nothing was edited

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom 11.5 (on mac os catalina 15.7) when i export an image, i select watermark in the export window, then choose 'edit watermark' and then i can select my different watermarks to see which one fits best. In 11.5 whenever i choose a different watermark, it changes to 'edited' and i have to save it with a new name in order to select it. In 11.4.1 and earlier versions, i could select one of my watermark presets that i wanted and click 'done' and that watermark would be applied.

The workaround is to see what watermark fits the image best, then cancel (for i do not want to save a watermark preset that i have and that i have not made any changes to), then choose cancel, and then in the export window, scroll to the watermark i want in the watermark drop down window.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access permissions are fine.  Same as OP I can see the .png watermark in the Edit Watermarks screen, just doesn't export pics with the watermark on it.  Tried on 2 different computers, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just spent 2 hours with Adobe. Didn't relly know what he was doing and made no progress. Appears to work intermittently but always very faint despite opacity being set to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even get a faint one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre. I have deleted all my preset watermarks and set them up again. It's now working!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a new .png file?  I deleted and redid them with my original .png watermark and a copy and had no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all old watermarks (via LR preferences >presets> other presets. Closed LR and then reopened and then created new watermarks with original png file. Don't understand why but it seems to have worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno, ho installato la versione 11.5 su MacOS 12.5.1. Non riesco più a fare l'esportazione di foto con filigrana png, nella foto esportata la filigrana non si vede. Se la faccio testuale funziona. Suggerimenti?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with the existing thread and consider moving into Bugs:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/edit-watermark-lightroom-11-5-must-save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with the existing thread and consider moving into Bugs:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/edit-watermark-lightroom-11-5-must-save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I have not been able to reproduce this on Mac or Windows. Are you able to reproduce and if so, can you get me an updated set of repro instructions?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

I was able to reproduce this but as myself and @CumberLinda pointed out above if you Update the Watermark and then hit Done than it seems to work after that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update to 11.5 I am not able to export with png watermark anymore, I have tried everything that has been suggested until now that is why I am writing here. I have never had this problem for the last ten years I am using LR. Ay help would be apreciated, Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have tried this procedure, but nothing. Sorry for my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tout est stocker sur le disque dur principal de l'ordinateur et l'export aussi.

J'utilise un filigrane graphique qui fonctionnait très bien sous l'ancienne version.

J'ai essayé vos propositions et ca ne change rien. Le problème est toujours présent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ver 11.5 , filigrane PNG n'apparait plus lors de l'export, l'aperçu oui, mais le filigrane "logo.png" ne s'exporte plus sur les Jpg.... Pourriez-vous apparter un correctif ou une solution dans les meilleurs délais ? Option très utilisée pour le travail. Merci.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now seen a couple of posts with the Watermark not appearing problem.

Two suggestions made in those posts were-

1) Redesign the Water mark Presets (as 'new' watermarks), even to the extent of re-saving the PNG from Photoshop first.

2) Change monitor 'scaling' settings- as in this post: Watermark & Font Scaling 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Rob's reply, let us know if the workaround described here works for you:

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! je suis retourné à la V11.4.1 pour le soucis.... J'espère malgré tout que le BUG watermark sera corrigé dans une version 11.5.1 car j'ai 25 watermark différents pour diverses sociétés et je n'ai pas envie de tout ré-encoder. 

Merci pour le "By-pass" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, please merge with the existing bug report:

@aurélienc29749469 confirmed in that thread that he has similar symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Out of curiosity, I just tried exporting a photo from my LR catalog, adding one of my existing .png watermarks. In the export window I carefully lloked at each option. making sure the settings were the way I want. The preview showed my watermark. Then I exported the image and the water mark showed up as planned. I am also on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1 with LRc 11.5.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am sure you simply mistyped, however Catalina was version 11.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way - I just tested this again and again, my watermark showed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate