• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edits made to Smart Previews after initial sync disappear when zooming greater than Fit View(iOS)

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to still exist for me, on my iPad Pro 11" running LR 7.1.0. (Canon EOS-R, RF24-240 lens).

Edits made on the desktop with LrC 11.1, and Lightroom on the web, have no problem, so the Smart Previews synced to the cloud are just fine initially.

However, as soon as I open one of the Smart Previews in LR on the iPad, and make an adjustment, the lens profile artifacts are immediately shown, even if I undo or cancel my changes. However, the same image back in LR Web or LrC on the desktop is fine (even after changes, the Smart Previews look fine in LR Web, and the changes sync back to the desktop without the artifacts). So it definitely seems to be a preview rendering issue on the iPad itself.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography , I'm not sure if I should open a new topic for this, or just append here.

Video below showing the issue. In the video you can see as soon as I make an adjustment, the whole screen jumps and the artifacts appear around the edge:

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Setting status to acknowledged. Attaching bug number.  I'd found this on Dec 23rd and had already written a bug for it. 

These were my repro steps:

1. Create Tiff file from Raw by Edit in PS (LrC) 
  2. Sync (Smart Preview)
  3. Edit Tiff file by Edit in PS (Original) (LrC) (Obvious Edit - e.g move a composited layer
  4. Allow changes to sync
  5. Inspect in LrC after Sync - Is version from step 3
  6. Inspect in LrW - is version from step 3 - verify zoom to greater than fit is still version 3
  7. Inspect in LrA - is versi
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Lens Profile may be a red herring here. 

Can you perform this test?

1.  Locate an offending already-synced image.
  2.  on iPad observe if the thumbnail in the album view is correct?
  3.  tap to edit - observe if the the Edit view (Fit) is correct?
  4.  Zoom by tapping or pinching on image - observe that the image is now incorrect (reverts to previous lens profile)
  5.  Return to Album view (grid)  observe images is now correct again?

Let me know what you see. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rikk Flohr: Photography ,

Yes, the steps above produce the same results for me. View is correct in album thumbnail view. Tap to edit, still looks fine. As soon as I pinch to zoom, the artifacts reappear (outside of the initial image crop area).

Returning to grid view resets the crop of the image and the artifacts around the edges are gone once again.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting status to acknowledged. Attaching bug number.  I'd found this on Dec 23rd and had already written a bug for it. 

These were my repro steps:

1. Create Tiff file from Raw by Edit in PS (LrC) 
  2. Sync (Smart Preview)
  3. Edit Tiff file by Edit in PS (Original) (LrC) (Obvious Edit - e.g move a composited layer
  4. Allow changes to sync
  5. Inspect in LrC after Sync - Is version from step 3
  6. Inspect in LrW - is version from step 3 - verify zoom to greater than fit is still version 3
  7. Inspect in LrA - is version 3 from step 3 - verify zoom to greater than fit is still version 3
  8. Inspect in LriOS -  Thumbnail is version 3, Edit Fit is version 3, double tap or pinch to zoom larger than fit - edit reverts to version 1
  9. Revert to fit - edit remains at version 1
  10. Revert to thumbnail (Album Grid) and image returns to version 3
  11. Go back to Fit and image remains at version 3
  12. Zoom to larger and image reverts to version 1

Reverting to thumbnail view restores the edit.  

I stumbled upon this over the holidays and have tested the following: 

• Clearing Cache has no effect. 
  • Unsyncing from LrC allowing a sync, restarting all apps has no effect.
  • The only way to clear is to unsync from LrC and allow the removal to sync to all clients - then go to Deleted Items in LrW and delete the items there. Allow the sync to complete. Then resync Smart Previews from Classic -  Edits in iOS at zoom are now correct - until the next time you edit the tiff in LrC. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate