• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issue with Map module in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), the map in Lightroom's Map module is very slow to load. It takes several minutes before the first part of the map appears, and some parts don't load at all, saying instead "Sorry, we have no imagery here", even though the part in question is on Google Maps. When zooming in or out, it's the same, it takes very long to update.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Apple tells us that the OS network stack issue which caused this problem have been resolved in MacOS 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We've reviewed this issue with our support folks so they can provide the correct guidance (based on Ben's explanation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Macbook air mid 2012 with yosemite 10.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of interest.

While I am having exactly the same issue described (iMac on 10.10.1 LR 5.7) I found that a severely degraded ADSL speed actually resulted in getting maps (not satellite). As once as I reestablished a full speed connection (around 2 megabits out here in the sticks) we were back to unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is more complex than initially described (not just dependent on network speed or latency).

Again, we are continuing to work with Apple to get this addressed as soon as possible. When we have permission to reveal more information, we will update this topic with the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps switching over from using Google Maps to using Apple Maps would help for the Mac version of the Lightroom software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough it is now working perfectly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really? not for me.
can you post a screen shot of the working map module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In relation to my comment above. This is all now working. All modes display and as quickly as they used to given my 2 mbs link. Whether it keeps working is yet to be seen.

For what it's worth, the only thing that has changed from yesterday is that Apple have updated their Xcode development software and I have installed that update (6.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Wish mine worked. Are you in Sydney? I'm in Melbourne, and my map module is just black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ex Sydneysider. In the Hunter now. I'm wondering if the Xcode update patched something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas no more... back to a blank screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having the some problem 😞 It's impossible to use the maps. Giuseppe - Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is disappointing to see that this problem still is not solved. Could we please get some kind of progress report?

My config is very similar to the one depicted in Andrew Dilley's post from about a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, we are continuing to work with Apple to get this addressed as soon as possible. When we have permission to reveal more information, we will update this topic with the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... the product (lightroom) is currently only providing me with 90% of the functions I need (10% is Maps!) and this is on going for months... its like going to MacDonalds asking for a burger getting it without tomato sauce and the response from MacDonalds is "its not our fault, its the supplier of the sauce, we are waiting months for them to fix this" and still charging full price for the product, would not happen, and it would be stated before you purchase that there is a sauce issue!!! .... how about a discount on the subscription until its fixed!!!!

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help...

where is the disclaimer that it doesn't work on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, pls be so fair and honest and give us the real answer if you war really working on the map issue!

The issue is well known since more than 4 month and any small company should be able to fix issues of their own Applications in that time frame. For sure, it is a problem of your SW - not Google, not Apple. Any other SW which is using Googlemaps and the new mac os Release is working fine - your SW is not working correctly here - so it is up to you to fix it.

It is up to you to fix it now, because you steadily take money from us for that SW - and also for that feature.
And you still say there is no known issue with mac os 10.10.x and any of your CC Applicaitons - that is in fact a lie - and I assume it is also a well known and calculated lie that - from time to time - someone from adobe is stating that you are still in investigation or you continuing to address the issue etc.. 4 month only for addressing an issue??

Pls be so fair and say if this issues is really planned to be fixed in the current release or if the issue is known but accepted not to fix in the current release because the map engine in the next release will be a complete different one.

You don't have any shyness to take our money month by month - so pls no shyness to be open and fair.

Thanks
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in the UK I believe that Adobe could be in breach of the Sale of Goods Act for accepting money for a product which they know to be faulty.
Luckily I am not on the CC subscription system for LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 5.7.1 and the Map module still no work. Adobe that's not good customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already replied to this thread up further on the thread. Here's the scoop: Unfortunately, we can't discuss specifics with partner compatibility issues. Rest assured we're working with our partners to try and provide a solution. We appreciate your patience.

We will update this thread with the solution once it's available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah!!!! Latest update to Yosemite 10.10.2 has resolved the problem (for me anyhow)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.10.2??? Is it a beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.10.2 is still beta (developer preview)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too :-)
I used 10.10.2 for public beta tester.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback from Adobe on this... sounds positive!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate