• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Previews not updating

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't ever happened to me previously and I edit hundreds of images a day, as a wedding photographer. Has only appeared since latest update (so far as I've seen). 

Edit an image in Develop mode, normally the thumbnail at the bottom would auto update with the new preview/look. It doesn't anymore. Go to Library mode to check, no, no update to the preview, it's still the old look. Force rebuild standard preview (and 1:1 preview) no effect. The Library preview will not update to the new look created in Develop mode. 

Quit LR, then restart it, the preview is updated. 

Even did a Sync of one process, which was converting to BW across 5 images. Four of the images changed profile to the new look, the 1st image in the group didn't. Stuck with previous old version of the look. Quit and restart LR it changed to new look. 

MacOSX 10.15.7

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 243 Replies 243
243 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If LrC 11.2 was working fine for you I would recommend going back to that version.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reporting a bug, not trying to solve the issue. Going back a version would not repair the bug or fix the bug. It would merely mean it wouldn't happen for me. So of no use to the community as a whole. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is 10.15.7 - which is the up to date version of Catalina. So nothing to upgrade to. Unless I upgrade a whole version, but since the cause is very unlikley to be system OS related, I don't see the relevance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 13.53.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my orginal post. Here is a screenshot showing the issue. I've synced the frame on the left (BW process) to the frame on the right. However, the preview in the thumbnails at the bottom still shows a colour image. Not the BW preview as it normally would. 

If I click off the two image, then back on the image in question, the preview changes to the correct BW version. 

NB this is not happening with every image. It's very random. But it is happening and can be repeated. I'm not looking for a cure, since this is not an issue that's causing me any pain. But I'm reporting it, so that Adobe can look into it and if others might be suffering the same issue, they can see they are not alone. 

System iMac

3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, 64Gb memory, OSX 10.15.7, LR 11.3.1,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of bugs in LrC 11.3 and 11.3.1 for both windows and mac systems. Post your bug report in that section of the forum using the guideline-recommended there.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with 11.3.1 is still there. I continue working with 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changes to an image that I'm making in the Develop module are sometimes (but frequently) not reflected in the Library module (in all views i.e. Grid, Loupe, Compare, Survey). If I close LR and reopen it then the changes are shown. I have tried resetting the preferences but it has made no difference. 

I can't seem to find out why it happens on some images and not others as I'm testing near identical images taken just seconds appart. 

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1

MacMini2018

MacOS 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After croping it and going back to the grid view it does not always show the modified crop.

Steps:

- In grid view, double click on a photo to open in Loupe.

- Click R and do some cropping.  For example, change to 16x9.

- Click Done.

- Click G to go back to grid view.

The image does not show the new crop of the photo, it looks just the way it was originally.  The worse is that if I double click on the photo again, it does not show the crop I just did.

Problem is that sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't.  I am not sure when it started, probably since V11.3.

Environment:

Lightroom Classic version: 11.3.1 [ 202204181225-f90ebff5 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19043
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.6GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 32651.3 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32651.3 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 4013.0 MB (12.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 6376.2 MB
GDI objects count: 893
USER objects count: 2401
Process handles count: 2354
Memory cache size: 3947.7MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.3 [ 1072 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1825MB / 16325MB (11%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1901MB / 32651MB (5%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1680x1050, 2) 1920x1200
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (27.20.100.9664)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like a problem with the Previews cache (not up-dating).

Having reset Preferences, now try a 'refresh' of the Previews cache.

The method in this link 'deletes' all the Peviews and they may take considerable time to re-build as you view images in the Catalog. (Or select 'All Photographs' and set the re-build going for the whole catalog,  go and  have a cuppa, or two!- Menu: Library > Previews > Build Standard Size Previews.

PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of interest, do you work with "Automatically save metadata to xmp" selected in your LrC Catalog settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest purging the cache. Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings.

warmly/j

2022-04-28_06-57-38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue: since having installed LR Classing 11.3.0 changing settings in the Develop mode - seeing the changes there - and switching to Library mode I can't see the changes. 

I took the suggestion actions:

- stopping and starting LR: yes, then the Library views are the same as in Development

- the PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS action: no improvement

- purging the Camera Raw Cache: no improvement

For me it is significant that this issue came up with version 11.3.0 - nothing like that before - and 11.3.1. did not solve it. 

Regards. My system: LR Classic 11.3.x., PS 23.3.x, Bridge 12.0.x - Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, Win10 and updated to Win11 this week. Latest version of LR. It happens since maybe a month or two, it was after one update I forgot the number.

And for example if I paste some adjustments from one photo that's croped to other one, it doesnt reflect it untill I open the crop tool and then is already applied, press enter and thats it.

It happens very randomly, sometimes every 10 pictures, or maybe once in 100 pictures.

Also, it doesnt work the exposure adjustmen from the library, the 1/3 adjustment. Only when i press it two or three times then sudenly it shows the full change.

I'm pretty sure is a bug included in one update, doesnt look like some issue with the cache corrupted, since when you close and open the software shows no problem the last adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, I forgot, deactivating GPU aceleration doesnt seems to fix it, which usually is related in this kind of issue.

My hardware is AMD 7 5800HS and nvidia 1650, but is deactivated most of the time so it uses the integrated in the amd cpu. Anyway it doesnt matter if I'm using nvidia, amd or not gpu at all, it happens anyway. Also if you purge cache, still happens.

funny thing, with LR fresh open, the first picture you open in library module and you press exposure adjustment from library, it works, but then you change to other picture and it happens again the bug.

How do report this thread as bug report? so someone from the developer team can take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice I can offer you at this time is to revert to the previous LrC 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some bug reports for LrC 11.3 and 11.3.1 in the bug section of the forum. You can post there also.

However the best advice I can offer at this time is to revert to LrC 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the catalog should be ok, right? since is still the same big number version. Anyway I'll make a back up, as always when i close LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is a LrC 11 Catalog. If you use the Creative Cloud App, click on the three ... dots on the far right of the LrC application and select previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now tried this and it didn't make any difference. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Tried this and still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've now tried resetting preferences; purging Camera Raw Cache; purging previews by deleting the previews file. 

No improvement except I did notice one small behavioural issue if it helps the experts: When I apply a develop module edit and then revert to the Library Grid view, the edit displays correctly in Grid view but very briefly - about a quarter of a second, then it reverts to the pre-Develop edit.   

Can someone from Adobe confirm that this has been acknowledged as a bug? Let me know if you need any further info or screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first troubleshooting step, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've rolled back to 11.2 and made a quick test, apparently I don't have the issue anymore. So looks like a bug in 11.3

The thread have already a lot of information, I think is better if some admin can just move it to bug subforum instead of open a new one.

For now I will stay in 11.2 untill someone from adobe confirm us is fix in the next patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate