• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library zoomed view shows wrong color

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming into an image in library mode, the color changes suddenly and differs from all the consistent colours shown in develop mode or library mode (fit image). I just updated to LR10.1 and appreciated other fixed bugs. I am using an external BenQ display calibrated to AdobeRGB profile using xrite. The images have Adobe profiles (AdobeVivid) applied.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katrin_serova

Oh yea, Apple makes perfect software. There is a memory leak in MacOS that is causing failures for a wide range of software including Apple's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates everyone!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed 100% view in Library mode shows a flat version of edit, I don't remember this happening before... When I toggle between 100% and 'fit' the contrast/saturation are considerably more blah.  I've done some diagnostics and I believe the histogram is not being applied at 100% view.

I'm using smart previews and all previews are built to 1:1.

I'm currently using LR Classic release 10.1.1, Camera raw 13.1, on an iMac running Big Sur 11.2. and GPU AMD Radeon Pro 580 - 8gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue occurs with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug. Stay tuned. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice here.  This wasn't an issue using the same version of the software on the same os (macos 11.2.1 and Lightroom Classic 10.1.1) until I did a full wipe and re-install of my entire computer everything (but moved my library, previews, etc files over from a backup of course).  The loupe 100% version isn't a completely flat 'before', as it does show edits, but it's a flatter version of the edits.  Some screenshots here:

ScreenShot20210217at12.57.07PM-e58ca272-00ee-4df5-bdc2-9897f1300aff-1896305732.png
ScreenShot20210217at12.57.20PM-0e03d022-78c2-4b2a-b08f-94fc118d748b-328243533.png
ScreenShot20210217at12.59.25PM-b60903f0-2cbd-4afb-88c6-9b534ca60e35-578719434.png
ScreenShot20210217at12.59.19PM-d58a6df2-6107-46c9-8350-c967b0894cf1-1228484955.png

Files in case anyone cares:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83h8a6ypzm8ixze/AAC4cEXjQX3zCfefJYIZm-gRa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again: known bug, fix coming.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. Thought there's something wrong with my laptop or monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Imac Pro and on 2 MacBook Pros. Library and Filmstrip colors are rendered green (similar to assigning an Adobe RGB color space to a ProPhoto raw in Photoshop). This wasn't an issue a year ago, but came with one of the more recent LR updates.

Absolutely annoying, hinders workflow. Being a pro this is making life a lot harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney,

Do you know where we should follow up on the status of this known bug?

That will help people not post additional comments and simply go to the follow up link.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up here on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney Do you have more information about when it's coming, what's causing it, etc.? This is the most ridiculous bug for a piece of photo editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more information about when it's coming

I can't say publicly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrew_rodney Do you know what's causing it and if there's a setting we can change to fix this? Because Lightroom is literally unusable for professionals like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Brigitte I feel your pain. This is terrible, Lightroom is basically unusable, and we get nothing but vague answers about "fix coming soon."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the answers have been way worse than vague, @Jeremy Foster. Scroll up a little and you'll find the "powers" here insisting that nobody here *actually* sees this problem--or that if a tiny few of us do, it's so "slight" that we shouldn't really notice it.

And that was said *after* people posted videos and screenshots demonstrating it.

Despite reports of this problem reaching back to mid-December, the only official word from someone who actually works at Adobe is that it's noted and that, by the way, we really shouldn't be making decisions or evaluating color in the library module. Apparently we need to be culling, somehow, with the Develop module. Which makes one wonder what Adobe imagines the Library module is actually for?

In other words: nobody will establish a chain of responsibility, nobody's here to account, and nobody will offer a fix date. Complete breakdown of ownership.

You know, failure to provide any actual customer service is one thing; but the aggressive negging of customer concerns, the kinda-sorta-gaslighting, and the serial avoidance of responsibility takes the now three-month "experience" of this issue to a nadir I would never have imagined an actual customer service business might fall.

But perhaps I can thank the "official" response in this thread for finally pushing me to take a serious look at Capture One. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[EDIT]

Good news,

The latest Big Sur Update (11.2.2) has solved the problem.

The colours are now matching at any zoom %.

What about you ?

Well it's better than it was but there is still a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alan_aubry no, not for me. Just tried.

Please check again, for some pictures it's not so bad. Especially vibrant colors seem to be affected heavily, b/w not at all;

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alan_aubry Unfortunately no difference. I didn't expect Big Sur to solve Adobe problems 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alan_aubry still broken for me, too, with 11.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew cannot reproduce the bug I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to my Mac and took more time to look at the pictures.

You're right, there's still a problem, it's not as extrem as it was, but there’s still a color change, in both color and b&w.

I'll edit my post

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a GIF of the same picture in the two modes (I know gif Colors aren't great but it gives an idea of the issue)
colorLRbigSur-a2b5dd4e-cd47-43fc-8528-778097e6a875-477337327.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be fixed for me, maybe not as extreme, but I'd have to compare to my previous images exactly. Color shift is still there with 11.2.2 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alan_aubry why do you try to bring in the Big Sur updates to the issue? This is 100% Adobe bug, and until they fix it no OS update is gonna help

Votes

Translate

Translate