Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: 13.3 synchronization changes collection names

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The 13.3 version added thousands of old images that were deleted in the cloud for years. That was easy to clean but took me half a day. The main problem I have now is collection names are being switched by synchronization. Exemple to clarify :

On LrC 13.3 I have a "master collection" called "Shooting 1", inside I have a collection called "Bad" (not keepers) and another one called "Shooting one" (keepers). Same for a second shooting. So my collection tree is LrC is :

* Shooting 1

- Bad (1000)

- Shooting 1 (100)

* Shooting 2

- Bad (2000)

- Shooting 2 (200)

After installation of 13.3 my tree is :

* Shooting 1

- Bad (1000)

- Shooting 2 (100)

* Shooting 2

- Bad (2000)

- Shooting 1 (200)

And it doest that with my full synchronized catalog containing around 60 collections. So when showing files to customer on an iPad, the images collection holds another customers name.... It is the synchronization that changes the name of the collection in LrC 13.3

I have tried to unsynchronize everything down to 0 file on the cloud, but it keeps switching collection names everytime I restart synchronization.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

I can reproduce this.

@Rick Spaulding -  bug number LRD-4216993 needs adding to internal notes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Has the bug been fixed in the recent 13.4. update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sadly it's not fixed in 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clearification. Let's hope it's in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that has a collection set on classic. She syncs the individual folders with Lightroom mobile. This was all fine until recently she noticed the images in the classic collections and in the corresponding mobile collections have completly changed. Sunsets images are in wildflowers folders, humminbirds are in monsoon skies folders. Mac Sonoma 14.5 LRC 13.4 LR 7.4 . She only has one computer and 1 catalog. I can find no rhyme of reason as to why this is happening.  Any clues?

.....Suzanne Mathia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additional info . all the synced folders start with AZH FF "foldername"

.....Suzanne Mathia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a known bug in the new sync engine, or at least something that has been reported more often and is investigated right now.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently started have an issue in LrC 13.4 where, when I create a collection and then sync a group of collections to the cloud, the collections get scrambled in the sync - Collections come out with the wrong title and have the wrong images in them.  Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating as I set up a batch of albums to sync, press go, and then come back an hour or so later to find Lightroom has completely tied itself in a knot, and I have to do the whole thing all over again.

Is there an explanation or resolution to this issue?

Thanks,

-Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. Worked with Adobe Support trying a couple of things, I don't remember exactly what, but none of them worked. Finally the tech said there was a problem with my catalog. I sent it to Adobe, they fixed it, sent it back, and I haven't had any trouble since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep  - Me too.  

Due to temporarily switching to a different Adobe ID to do some testing,  when I was done and switched back the sync process decided that my production catalog had never been synced before and brought everything down to LrC from LR creating duplicate entries in the LrC catalog and duplicate collections from the Albums and added tons of very old and abandoned KW's I used a long time ago (probably when the images were first synced as Smart Previews to LR.  

In order to untangle the mess (still a work in process) I had to re-sync my previously synced collections and unsync/delete the ones containing only the Smart Previews from LR.   In the process the album/collection names got hooked to different albums/collections.  For example the Scotland images were in a collections for Spain and the Spain images were in album/colleciton named Ireland and the Ireland photos were in the Scotland album/colleciton.   The image counts were correct for each of these but the name was wrong.  Looks like the internal ID numbers got attached to wrong collections/albums.   Along the way, many times I wound up with collections/albums with "-2" appended to the incorrect names which may be a clue to Adobe as to what went wrong. 

Fortunatly I had a keyword Hierarchy mimicing my collection structure so I could verify what should be where. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Califdan2 , There are 60 post in this thread and 18 of them are by me documenting the trials and tribulations I encountered in sorting out my problems.

Unfortunately the latest update LrC 13.4 has not addressed the issues you are experiencing, while I have been able to sort the syncing almost all my problems I am patiently awaiting the release of LrC 13.5 hoping for the solution to the bugs and confusion. 

See the link below.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.5,;)2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange one and its happened twice to me.  I have two collections that I've prepared to sync to the cloud and I click the icon beside their name to start syncing them both at the same time so they are uploading simultaneously.  After they're done syncing the files have swapped collections.  If the collections were named Group 1 and Group 2.  The files that were originally in Group 1 are now in Group 2 and vice versa.  It doesn't seem like this could be possible but its happened at least twice including just now.  

The collections were created at import at different times today but NOT sync'd during import.  Tonight I culled from the collection, marking with flags and then removed from the collections the files I didn't want to sync.  With both collections ready, I clicked both icons and walked away while they uploaded.  When I returned, evetything was sync'd but the files had chaged collections.  

It  was simple to just rename the collections but its really weird that its doing this.  When I sync a single collection it works just fine.  Its only strange when I sync two collections at the same time.

[moved from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other reports similar to yours but with differences.  The common thread in my opinion is not that the images swapped collections but rather the collection names got swapped. 

In order to allow simple renaming of collections/albums, the primary key in the database is not the collection/album name but rather in internal ID (usually just number).  These internal ID's (which we never see) are what the SW uses to identify the colleciton or album.  There is then usually a different table in the database that for each internal ID has the current name of that Collection/Album among other things.   I believe that in your case and others I've seen either then names or the ID's got swapped.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense.  From my view the names stayed in the same place in my list of collections but the files changed places... BUT since the collection list is alphabetized if the names were just switch, it would look exactly the same way and that makes much more sense than all the files trading places!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products are released.  The August 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's even more frustrating about this is that two days agao (8/12), I contacted Adobe support about my collection names being randomly swapped. I was told to delete and recreate the collections. No mention of this bug that was just fixed. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate