• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR 4.1 RC, Flickr publishing broken

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LR 4.1 RC, the Flickr publisher seems to be broken. I added 2 new photos to a collection today after updating to the 4.1 RC, and tried to publish, but I get an error message: "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: Invalid at the top level of the document."

Publishing the same collection (without the 2 new images) worked fine yesterday in 4.0 before the RC update. Closing and re-starting LR did not solve the issue. Running Vista x64 SP2 with all updates and 64-bit LR installed.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012
Correct. This is fixed in Lightroom 4.1 RC 2:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Votes

Translate

Translate
59 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all good with 4.2 until last night suddenly the error appear again. The same error code as reported. Anyone else experience the same with 4.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem in 4.2. It is not consistent and has led to hundreds of duplicates in Flickr.

By "not consistent" I mean that sometimes it'll upload 100+ images without fail and update those same 100 images without fail. Then one day: BOOM. That INCREDIBLY unhelpful message appears.

As for carriage returns in the captions: this error has happened on days when I haven't even touched the captions and on entire folders of images without captions. I'm not convinced that captions are the problem.

In short, I just had to blow away all my images on Flickr and start from scratch. Quite peeved at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently moved my catalog to Dropbox so that I can work on two machines. Both of the machines are Macs. This system has been working well, but have run into a problem with publishing to Flickr. I get an error "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred etc... Document is empty" I am running Lightroom 4.2 and Lion on the macs.

If I create a new catalog and leave it in the default directory "Pictures" and then publish, this works OK.

I am wondering if the Flickr upload file is not being read from the Dropbox folder but is read from the Pictures folder.

Some users seem to have experienced this error with a previous version of Lightroom and it was suggested that the problem would be corrected in 4.2.

As a matter of interest I "Authorised" my Flickr account in the Plug in Manager. In fact I did this serval times to no avail.

Can anyone help.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to upload a set of 255 photos to Flickr from Lightroom. After 2 days of trying, I am giving up and abandoning the idea of managing my Flickr photos from Lightroom (per advice on the Flickr discussions page): http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-u...

The error I have been getting is sometimes that there is an internal error, and sometimes that the internet connection has failed. In any event, every time there is an error, I have to restart the process, and when I do, Lightroom creates a new set on Flickr (so I have 6 or 8 sets all with the same title).

I thought that being able to manage updates within Lightroom would be a great feature, but I am finding it to just be a PITA now.

My 2¢ (and I have no idea if this is a Lightroom or a Flickr bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comment above was merged into this posting by someone. Go to the original posting (link above) to see suggested solutions to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom 4.2, and the combination of not being able to share my catalog on my second machine, and the error on uploading to Flickr, I have put my catalog onto Dropbox and use Jeffrey’s “Export to Flickr” Lightroom Plugin - http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-good....

I am now able to share my catalog and upload to Flickr with no problem.

I have a previous post on the same problem.

This decision was taken after numerous calls to Adobe where I had contact with consultants who did not know of the problems or were not helpful at all. The consultants home language was not english and this made the task even harder. I felt that this was a very poor show from Adobe. It is such a shame that one has to use third party software to enhance, what should be, a five star product from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did a lot of work so 3rd party developers could round out their product - consider thanking Adobe for that, and send Jeffrey Friedl a donation.

PS - You *can* share your catalog on your second machine - just put it on an external drive.

Cheers,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading from LR3 to LR4 I have had issues with several publishing services. Currently I cannot remedy the problems with flickr, and Facebook and it is driving me crazy. When trying to update the flickr publishing service I get the following message:

"Can't update this collection.

An internal error has occurred: Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4 "Line 1: Document is empty
" UserInfo=0x11907d2a0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Line 1: Document is empty
}"

Facebook: "Can't download comments from this collection. An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value"

The diagnostic from the plugin for flickr:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/Contents/PlugIns/Flickr.lrplugin

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.
Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4 "Line 1: Document is empty
" UserInfo=0x112234e90 {NSLocalizedDescription=Line 1: Document is empty
}

The diagnostic from Facebook:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/Contents/PlugIns/Facebook.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to retrieve comments from this service.
?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I currently use jfFlickr plugin which works a treat. http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-good...

Votes

Translate

Translate