• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR 4.1 RC, Flickr publishing broken

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LR 4.1 RC, the Flickr publisher seems to be broken. I added 2 new photos to a collection today after updating to the 4.1 RC, and tried to publish, but I get an error message: "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: Invalid at the top level of the document."

Publishing the same collection (without the 2 new images) worked fine yesterday in 4.0 before the RC update. Closing and re-starting LR did not solve the issue. Running Vista x64 SP2 with all updates and 64-bit LR installed.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012
Correct. This is fixed in Lightroom 4.1 RC 2:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Votes

Translate

Translate
59 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem when attempting to re-publish some photos.
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. The team has a bug logged for this in our system. It will be fixed in the final 4.1 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this issue be corrected if I revert to LR 4.0. I realty had no issues with this release.

Do I need to uninstall V4.1rc before running the LR 4.0 install???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lighroom 4. Yesterday I installed 4.1 Update Candidate - so happy to see support for the Canon Mark III. However, today when I try to use the Flickr uploader (which I use every day) I got an error. I have tried several times after restarting my computer, etc. Still I get the error:

An internal error has occurred: Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4 "Line 1: Document is empty
" UserInfo=0x115399260 {NSLocalizedDescription=Line 1: Document is empty
}

Very frustrating as I don't wish to upload any other way (it won't update my "in catalogue" flickr collection") and I don't like missing a day's uploads. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I uninstalled V4.1rc and re-installed V4.0 and publish to Flickr worked as expected. Will await the final version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey for your quick response! Much appreciated, and looking forward to the final 4.1 release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A photographer friend pointed out to me his experience with this. It looks like it's happening with existing publishing services imported from prior releases. Creating a new one acts as a workaround until it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tyler, seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed lightroom RC 4.1 and can no longer upload my images directly from Lightroom to Flickr - I get an error message "An internal error has occurred: Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4 "Line 1: Document is empty
" UserInfo=0x14f5af7a0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Line 1: Document is empty
}"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betty, did you try what I suggested above and create a new publication service? It's a temporary workaround, but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler, how does one do that, and will doing so disrupt the gallery created by the publishing service? I like organizing all my photos that I've uploaded to flickr within LR there on the publishing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Jeffrey. Do you have a timeframe in mind for the final release? Just trying to figure out if I'm willing to wait or do something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lotus, in Develop mode go to the Publish Services module and click the downward facing arrow next to the "+" symbol. From there you can select "Go To Publishing Manager" and crate a new Flickr service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I tried that and it doesn't seem to work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tyler Shaw, @ Lotus Carroll

Thanks it works.
But you mean in Library mode, not in Develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paul, you are correct. my mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of users with publishing service errors...

Flickr:

Facebook:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated LR4 to LR4.1 RC, it become not to be able to upload the photos to Flickr.

Error message is below;
Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=4"Line 1:Document is empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new Flickr publishing service, it will work. See earlier posts for quick instructions. At least it fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really irks me that I paid $79 to upgrade only to find that I am a beta tester for Adobe. I have experienced several kinks with LR4 aside from the publishing services. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a refund? I would gladly revert back to LR3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NOel, as far as I am aware, the Flickr publishing "breaks" only when you upgrade from the official 4.0 official release to the 4.1 "release candidate". A release candidate is essentially a beta version so if you don't want to be a "beta tester" then don't install release candidates and stick with official releases.

4.0 worked fine for me, and now 4.1 RC works fine after creating the new publishing service. It takes about 30 seconds to fix, I don't know why you are asking for a refund. And if you upgraded to the 4.1 RC you can always uninstall that and go back to 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 4.1 rc hoping to remedy the issue(s) I have been experiencing after upgrading from LR3 to LR4. It would be nice to upgrade to an Adobe product that works upon release. I blame myself, as this is not the first instance I have paid to upgrade an Adobe product only to find that I am a beta tester working out various kinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest beta, I can't upload to Flickr. It starts but then stops with an error message

"invalid at the top level of the document"

Manually uploading the same file works. They are all tiffs.

ps is there a way to reduce the file size of an image as I drag it onto the flickr bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4.1 and Flickr do not connect..Went into flickr edit settings and reconfigured and it will not let me save. Keeps saying Document is empty..Internal Error has occurred...error domaine=NSXml Parser Error Domain code=4 "line1" Document is empty. i finally removed and added flickr back in the edit setting mode. It will not let me drop a photo into Flickr but the Save button is still blinking and non of my metadata is being carried over. I can not make comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate